Breast reduction and Arm lift at the same time?

logle2
on 8/29/09 4:20 am - Wappingers Falls, NY
Hi my name is Lisa and I'm 4 years post DS and almost 3 years post lower body lift and tummy tuck.  I thought that was all the reconstruction I was going to be able to have.  Tricare is my insurance and that was all they were willing to do and at the time.  I really couldn't afford any more.  Well out of the blue I got a call from Keller Army Hospital asking if I was still interested in having a consult regarding  a breast lift and Arm lift.  I said I was,  assuming I would still have to be a self pay.  I figured I could at least get a price quote and start saving my pennies.  It wouldn't be free but the military generally charges substantially less so that their Surgeons can keep their skill levels up for the plastic surgery that the soldiers might need after war related injuries.  Long story short  They have deemed my breast reduction and lift medically necessary (I'm a 36ddd/f) and will do the arms for 2100.00 dollars. That I can afford!.  Oh and They have a cancellation on Aug 31st could I do it then?  I guess it is meant to be, so I'm going to go for it.
     My question to the forum is has any one had these procedures at the same time?  How was the recovery?  My surgeon says I should only need 2 weeks off from work. (my job is not physically strenuous,I work on a computer all day.) Does that seem realistic to you guys?  I really don't remember how much time I took after the lbl and tummy tuck but I think it might have been a month.  Would love to hear from anyone who has had these procedures done.  What was your experience?  Thank you all for taking the time to read my query.  I appreciate your in put. L
Mendee M.
on 8/29/09 5:51 am - Mulvane, KS
I am having basically the same thing done in Dec., and my surgeon said I would only be required to be off work a week. I am still planning on 2 though.
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
BigCityGirl
on 8/29/09 6:07 am - San Diego, CA
I had those two done together.  I took two weeks off.  The breasts were easy - the arms hurt a little more and I had to be careful about reaching and lifting so that I wouldn't risk a wound separation.

It was easier than the LBL.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
logle2
on 8/30/09 10:37 am - Wappingers Falls, NY
I appreciate the response.  I'm definitely feeling  a little more confident than I was a couple of days ago.  Thanks,  L.
Most Active