Update 5 days post-op!

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 4:51 pm
As many of you know I had tummy tuck, breast lift/implants and liposuction of inner thigh and flanks done on Monday, 8/24. 

My drains still are not working, so when I go back to the Dr on Tuesday, 9/1 he will take out the drains and withdraw some fluid with a syringe.  I went to see him on last Thursday (3 days post-op), because they were not draining and he said to leave them in until next week he'll drain them with a syringe, something I'm not looking forward too.  He also stated that's why I'm swollen so much in the abdomen.  Even with the swelling, I feel small for the first time in my life.  I just wish my recovery was an uneventful one.

Thanks to many of you posting your step by step recovery I expected this so I'm not too worried, even though I wish this would not  have happened to me.  Anyway, the breast are looking good.  They are tender and still high, but nothing I can't deal with.

I really don't see a difference in my thighs yet; probably because I am concentrating so much on my belly right now, but we shall see.  Anyway, I will post pictures soon.

Thanks for listening as usual.

Sherline

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 10:18 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congratulations on a successful surgery.  Glad you are recovering pretty well.  I'm sure once he drains the fluid you'll feel even better!
Keep us posted.......I'm having my tummy tuck and breast lift done in a few days so hearing how you did helps me know what to expect.  Thanks for leading the way....... 
PamT
on 8/29/09 1:39 am - Downey, CA
Sherline,

I'm so sorry you're having complications with the TT. I did too. And still am (TT was on June 2nd)

I also had to have my belly drained. I just wanted to let you know,,as scared as I was, as horrible as that syringe looks. it did NOT hurt AT ALL!  Your belly is still numb. Yes, I know you can feel it when you touch it,,but for some reason, I did NOT feel the syringe AT ALL!  NO discomfort. I had mine drained 10 times over several weeks.

PamT
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 5:57 am
Thank you Pam for telling me those words, because I am so scared to have him stick a syringe in me.  Even though the doctor told me the same thing, it's always good to hear it from someone who actually have experience the process.

If you don't mind me asking; What happened with your drains?  Did they not drain like mine?

Thanks again.

Sherline
Most Active