LBL 10 days ago...

gcmars
on 8/27/09 9:25 am - corpus christi , TX
dr removed 15.3 lbs, but since coming home i am up 5 lbs. what the heck? how is that possible? great recovery as of this point. getting so much sleep that i am waking now at night. i think my body has caught up with all the needed sleep. came home with 4 drains, removed 2 at 7 days and every other staple. went in on day 9 (yesterday) and they removed the rest of staples. still have the 2 remaining drains. they are not painful at all, just really annoying everytime i have to pee. so far, no infections. praying that continues. but i have to say, i hate the compression panties i have to wear. they feel like i am being squeezed. i breathe a sigh of relief when i take them off occassionally. probably shouldnt be taking off except to shower, but i need a break every now and then. just concerned as to why the weight gain. thanks
candy
Cindy F.
on 8/27/09 9:35 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Have not had surgery yet but I am sure that it is just from the swelling that your weight is up.  I am sure you will see a drop in weight....I mean 15.3 pounds of skin is nothing to sneeze at right.  I am so glad your doing so well.  I have my surgery Oct 5.  Were you excited and scared all at the same time?  I am.

Do you have pictures?

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
DS Facts
on 8/27/09 9:38 am
Hey Candy, think perhaps you are retaining water from the shock of surgery? It may melt away when the fluid is released. Great to hear about how well your recovery seems to be going; I have my LBL in 4 weeks (YAY!).
gcmars
on 8/27/09 9:48 am - corpus christi , TX
i do not know how to post pics here. if you would like to see, i'd be more than happy to share via email. my email is [email protected]. just write and ask, and i'll send. very happy with results so far, have no problem sharing.
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/09 10:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
My guess would be you are starting to experience "swelling".  It may get worse but don't panic it will eventually all flush out of your system.  FYI - keeping the compression garment on 23x7 (only off for showers and a quick washing) will help keep the swelling down.

Congrats on what sounds like a smooth recovery.
Ruth

Melissa M.
on 8/27/09 12:55 pm - Seabrook, TX
Swelling is totally normal.  It may get even worse before it gets better.  I lost 10 pounds of skin too and I still haven't seen all those numbers reflected on the scale because of all the swelling still and I'm 10 weeks out.  I had lots done and that does make a big difference. I also had the anchor cut which adds even more swelling to the abdomen area.  Just be patient.  Swelling can last up to 6 months or more.
gcmars
on 8/27/09 1:51 pm - corpus christi , TX
what exactly is the anchor cut
inkerdoodles
on 8/27/09 8:37 pm - Schenectady, NY
It's exactly what it sounds like.. Your inscision looks like an anchor. Straight down your tummy, then across the bottom... It's quite common for a TT.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

inkerdoodles
on 8/27/09 8:36 pm - Schenectady, NY

OHHHHHHHHHHH Candy.. I am so with you.... My LBL was 6 weeks ago, I was 180 at the time of my surgery.... Dr. K removed 11 lbs and guess what, today I'm 186... Go Figure. I thought I was going to throw that darn scale right out the window. I had to see the PA at my GBP doc's office last week and she was not the least bit concerned I was up on their scale too. She said all of the sudden were going to see the quick drop. I wish that quick drop was a lot quicker than it's been... LOL

Don't get too discouraged, it will come off... and soon the Earth will be a whole lot lighter when we all stop swelling up so much. LOL

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active