Eating after surgery

Anjail
on 8/25/09 10:46 pm - Detroit, MI
Is it true that you really aren't hungry for a few weeks after surgery? I had a friend whom had a tt but didn't have gastric bypass and for about 3 weeks after her tt she was not hungry. In fact she was kind of upset that when she did go to eat food she could not fini**** all and was able to eat a lot pre surgery. It was like they shrunk her stomach along with the tt. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm only asking because I really want to lose another pants size after my tt.
cleos_mom
on 8/25/09 10:57 pm - phila., PA
it happenned to me. because when you get the muscle tightened it is tight on your pouch/stomach and your stomach doesn't expand like it used to
Anjail
on 8/25/09 11:25 pm - Detroit, MI
Thanks for the response. So did you lose a pant size after your tt?
sanguinarythorn
on 8/26/09 2:22 am - Newport News, VA
 After my TT, I definitely noticed a difference in how much I could eat. It was pretty much half of what I could eat pre-op. It was almost like I had my GB all over again. I was surprised at how little I could eat. It's getting a little better now, but I still can't eat as much as I could pre-op, and I'm 6 weeks out now. 

In the beginning you have a lot of swelling so it takes a while before you notice a difference in pants sizes. My swelling is finally going down now, and I'm in a 12/13 (sometimes a 15, depending on the style). When I went into surgery, I was a 16/17. So... I'm really happy with the results so far.
cleos_mom
on 8/26/09 5:52 am - phila., PA
yes I did, my belly wasalways my biggest part of my body check out my pix, I was a 16 pre-op and now I am a 10 or 12 depends how they are cut.
I haven't been a a16 since I was in high school and I never remember being a 12 or a 10
Most Active