help, what can i do??

melty6317
on 8/25/09 8:15 am - Forney, TX
I have gone for one consult and was quoted 15k for b/l with silicone implants and a tt. Wow was I blown away...i was figuring around 5k just for boobies alone without a lift...didn't know i needed one. Anyhow, i've looked into the residency program too and have not scheduled an appointment yet. I'm just so down. We just completed paying back a 60k bankruptcy in February and our credit is going to be bad for a while i understand. I don't know where or how to begin saving this kind of money especially in this economy, any ideas?
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 9:06 am - Haleiwa, HI
Sorry to hear you are so down.  Have you thought about going out of the country for plastics?  I am traveling to Monterrey, Mexico to have surgery with Dr Sauceda.  I am getting a lower body lift, breast lift with augmentation, small thigh lift, and lipo with fat injections to my butt, and I am paying less than 15K for everything inlcuding airfare, hotel, etc. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 9:18 am
Hi there -- This is a message board, so you get all kinds of responses, including some from crackpots like me BUT . . .

You just got out of bankruptcy in February.  

A breast lift is a LUXURY, not a necessity, in this case (since you didn't know you needed one .... why do you "need" one?  Because the doctor thinks your boobs would look prettier that way?  Do you use them to make a living?  Is the lack of boobs with implants ruining your life?  Are they some kind of disability?)

And about the tummy tuck . . . unless they are causing some kind of medical condition, which you do not mention anywhere, this is also likely a LUXURY.   Unless of course you are a stripper, and a lack of tummy tuck is impeding  your ability to earn an income.  Because you don't mention back pain, chafing, infection, or anything like that. 

I'm gonna be real blunt, baby-oh.  People who just got out of bankruptcy should NOT .... should NOT be saving up for plastics.  There are other things to spend money on, in your case. Like retirement savings, home repairs, etc.   And you should not FUND it with a LOAN.  For cryin' out loud . . . you were BANKRUPT.  

Give it a rest!

And feel free to hate me for sharing my opinion, but good grief!!!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 1:28 pm

Does the extra skin in your abdominal area impede daily living or cause rashes or anything?  If not, I would forego the plastics.  If you don't think you need a breast lift, then you really don't need one.  I'm not trying to slam your doctor but he is in business to make money.  Maybe it's not as much of an issue as he wants you to believe.  As for implants, that's a total luxury. 

Obviously, it's your ultimate decision, but I would think you have much more pressing purchases to make before saving up for plastics since you are coming out of bankruptcy.  If you do want to, there are programs like Care Credit that you can check out.

inkerdoodles
on 8/25/09 9:44 pm - Schenectady, NY

The awesome thing about our OH community is that you can get feedback that show you both sides so that you can make an informed decision and weigh the pro's and con's...

I have to ask, is this a want or a need? If it's a need because the extra skin is impeeding your life then I say to definately try the insurance route. If they deny, appeal... appeal until you can't appeal any more..

If it's a want.... then I have to agree with the others. I commend you for paying off a 60K bankruptcy. That's shows that you can save the moola. And actually, 15K is not a bad price, my BFF is paying close to 14K for an extended TT & breast lift with reconstruction & no implants....

Good luck.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active