9 days out...LBL...can't fit in my pants

gcmars
on 8/25/09 6:44 am - corpus christi , TX
not sure how to post pics, but i am feeling absolutely wonderful for just being 9 days post-op. got 2 drains removed and every other staple yesterday. the rest will come out tomorrow. already driving, but still taking it easy. went to office and helped answer phones today just to get out of the house. i live in apt complex where i work. one question tho....is it normal to be a bigger size right now? i tried on shorts and pants that i wore before surgery, could not get them buttoned. at 4 days post op, surgeon said i did not have alot of swelling. he removed 15.3 lbs of fat, and so i know i should be a smaller size. what the heck is going on? unbelievable results so far tho. will try and post pics. how do i post pics? cannot figure it out
candy
Cindy F.
on 8/25/09 8:06 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Not sure because my surgery is scheduled for Oct 5.  But I am so happy your feeling so good. 

That is great.  I am sure your swollen after that extensive of surgery.  Was it as painful as you expected?  How long were you in surgery?

I am scared and very excited.

Hope your recovery is great.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Kim J.
on 8/25/09 8:15 am - Claremore, OK
Sorry, I can't answer your question yet.  I just wanted to say congrats!  It sounds like you are doing well and perfectly normal.  15.3 lbs!  Thats awesome!  Once your body settles you will be so happy!
Hugs
Kim J!
PS You give me hope that maybe I won't hurt so much!  LOL!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 9:22 am
Congratulations on losing 15.3 pounds of skin, that's amazing!

"Swell Hell" is a normal stage of recovery, folllowing this kind of reconstruction.  Many doctors will put you in a binder of some kind to help keep down the swelling, but yes ... it is perfectly normal to retain so much fluid (temporarily) that you are actually a larger size than when you went in.  Most people on this board seem to report that tummy-tuck swelling is completely gone between three and twelve months after surgery.

Good luck!

workingmommy
on 8/25/09 9:55 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I agree with Charmine, it is the swelling.  I had 17lbs of skin removed during my LBL and after I wore the same size pants as before (size 12).  However, now I am almost 3 months out and down to a size 6, and can almost fit into a 4.  Your size should go down.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

gcmars
on 8/25/09 10:51 am - corpus christi , TX
thanks for all the input. i was supposed to be in surgery for about 3 hrs, turned out to be about 4. i am ridiculously happy with my recoveryl. sleeping great. taken only 2 demerol in 9 days, but supplementing a few hydrocodone occasionally. main pain  med is advil. was super scared about the pain, but so far it has been a breeze. nothing like what i was expecting. and i am pretty much a baby when it comes to pain.. good luck to all.
Jupiter6
on 8/25/09 3:09 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm 9 weeks out and only half my pants fit. Swelling lasts a very long time--- hang in there.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

cbhjr98
on 8/25/09 6:52 pm
My swelling lasted 3.5 months. I still wear the same size (2-4) as before surgery although they took 6.5 pounds off with my LBL. Everything just fits more comfy. My butt was lifted which is prob why I dont fit into somewhat smaller pants.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
inkerdoodles
on 8/25/09 9:48 pm - Schenectady, NY

My surgery was 6 weeks ago yesterday... I still can't believe it's been that long. I was 180 when I went into surgery, had 11 lbs of skin and fat removed and yesterday was 184.. LOL Many days I still can't wear my rings. Although, I am in a smaller size. I was in a 14-16 before surgery and now in a 10-12.... I hear it's a good 6 months before you're actually where your body is going to be..

Don't be discouraged.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active