6 week post op checkup

Glenda G.
on 8/25/09 11:17 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Went to doc yesterday,my RNY doc did my panni, and found out something! The PA was saying it looked like the muscle was healing well. I said...I didn't know he did anything to the muscle. Turns out when he came in I asked him about it and he said the he ALWAYS tightens the muscle in the middle since it thins out. NO WONDER I had so much pain in the middle of my stomach. Does anyone know if that is normally part of a panniculectomy or did he do a bonus tuck? I love it that he did it cuz my tummy is so tight. Now I know why I have to wait the full 6 weeks for core stuff cuz he said it can pop. Def don't want that to happen.My 6 weeks is offically up Monday so it's probably is a good thing I was on call Monday...I am supposed to work 4 hrs today and 12 on Thurs and Friday.
He said I can do cardio so I need to get my butt moving!
HW 237/SW 224/CW 146.2/GW 120-Hate posting current weight but need to be accountable :(

Amy J.
on 8/26/09 2:43 am
 Sounds like you got a bonus! That's great, such a deal!
I would be so happy too!!! 

Don't work too hard!

Amy

HW 251/SW 240/CW 163/GW 140

"remember the past, celebrate the future" disney 1999

Cindy F.
on 8/26/09 4:07 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Nice bonus to have muscles tightened.  Sounds like your doing just great.  My surgery is not until Oct 5.  Wish I was already 6 weeks out. 

Now go do some cardio!!  LOL 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active