Fitting back into your pre-tt pants

Anjail
on 8/25/09 10:38 pm - Detroit, MI
How long was it before you were able to wear you regular clothes. I see alot of people lose a pants size about 3 months after surgery. Anybody out there didn't lose a pant size after surgery? I'm in a solid size 14. Hoping to get down to a 12 or even 10 after surgery. Is this an unattainable goal? Should I not expect to lose a size after surgery? Since it's getting so close to my surgery date I'm going to have so many questions. I love posting on this board because everyone seems so honest. You will advise on the good and bad. I would love as much feed back as I can.
Wendy_Canada
on 8/26/09 3:29 am - Canada
I am 8 weeks post tt.  I could fit into my pre surgery pants size 8 within 4 weeks.  I still have a lot of swelling and the doctor said probably will until 6 months.  I asked him if i will go down any pant sizes and he said he didn't think so. During my surgery he only took off 5 pounds of skin saying there was no fat there so he didn't think will make a difference in my size now I just don't have the flappy skin.

I guess it depends if your down to goal weight or not when you have your surgery. 

Best of Luck with your surgery.  I am going in Sept 21st to have my arms done.  The thought of doing this again so soon gives me a headache.

Wendy

aknewme
on 9/9/09 6:13 am
I would like a TT, I'm at a size 8 (fit)/10 (loose)...

Doing know if it is worth it...this Spanx gets on my nerves from time to time
Jupiter6
on 8/26/09 5:39 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I am just now fitting into my pre op pants at 8 weeks post op.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

workingmommy
on 8/26/09 3:07 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Everyone is SO different.  I am almost 3 months post LBL and pre-op I was in a size 12 (I had 17lbs removed).  At 2 months out I was able to fit into a 6 (almost 4).  I still have some swelling though.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active