I am freaking out here- just a little!

Lori S.
on 8/25/09 9:27 am - MI
I had my surgery date set for Sept 25th for a tummy tuck and another date Oct 29th for a breast reduction and lift.  Ok, I was good with that and starting to get things going, making lists of things I need to get done before then.  Then, today I got a call from Carrie at my plastic surgeons office offering me an early surgery date...  this friday!!!  I am so freaking out!  I took the new surgery date and my breast reduction will be moved up to Sept 25th.  I have 3 days!!!  I'm hoping that after a good nights sleep I am doing better- emotionally anyway.  I am just in shock I guess.  My pre op is this Thursday at 8am.  for blood work then I will met with my surgeon just before surgery for any questions I might have!  This is happening so fast!  I know I'll be fine, I'm just FREAKING OUT!  Thanks for letting me ramble- it actually helped!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 9:32 am
Lori, both my RNY and LBL were scheduled at the last minute, when someone else chickened out at about the same time that my insurance approval came in.  YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!  

It's worked out great, so far.  Surprises are often good things.  And conversely  . . . Good things -- great things, even fantastic things -- are often surprises.  
Lori S.
on 8/25/09 9:58 am - MI
Thanks, it just has all happened so fast, my head is still spinning!  But your right surprises are often good things.

princesshan
on 8/25/09 5:44 pm - ID
Wow! I bet that was a shocker! How exciting though! Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 6:41 pm - Haleiwa, HI
That is fantastic, Lori!  Good luck on Friday, and I cannot wait to see pictures of your new tummy!
inkerdoodles
on 8/25/09 9:12 pm - Schenectady, NY

Sweetie.. I have chills I'm so excited for you. Don't freak out, be excited... You'll be an entire month ahead of schedule for everything... A whole month earlier you'll be healed, a whole month earlier you'll be the new you..... You go girl..... Please IM me if you need a pep talk.. Hugs,

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

How exciting! Lucky you! Good luck on your procedures! Show us pictures when you get to feeling better!

Jeanine F.
on 8/26/09 4:03 am - Clifton Park, NY
I can't advise you Lori because I haven't had my surgery yet (9/23 for same as you are having except both at once) and the closer the date is, the more emotional anxiety I feel, so I can only empathize with you at this point.  Good thing is, you won't have several more weeks to agaonize over it. LOL
Good luck to you!!  Jeanine

Cindy F.
on 8/26/09 4:18 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Just think it is less time to worry.   You can freak out just a couple of days and then done!!!  Sounds great to me.  Mine is Oct. 5 and i have a whole month to worry and freak out.

Yikes

Wishing you a perfect surgery and speedy recovery

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/26/09 5:51 am
I think that's great!  Scary but great!  You'll do fine and just think, you'll be a whole new girl (tummy and breast wise) an entire month early! 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active