Does working out post op induce swelling?

David ..
on 8/25/09 11:05 pm - Hartford, CT
What is going on…I’m about 4-months post op hip/thigh and lower back/butt lift.   The swelling was under control for the most part, seems to diminish over time. After 2 ½ months I started to get back into the gym to work out (taking it easy of course).   Now I’m going about 3-times a week, mostly doing the cardio for 20 to 30 mins.     What is going on with the swelling, it seems to be coming back…I notice it more in the legs and lower back area… I not sure what to do at this point…
inkerdoodles
on 8/26/09 12:04 am - Schenectady, NY

2 words...

Heck YEAH !!!!

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

BigCityGirl
on 8/26/09 2:26 am - San Diego, CA
It was only a slight swelling for me and it went away by the next day.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jupiter6
on 8/26/09 5:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
So far I am noticing that I didn't start to really move the water out until I started exercising again. I swell by bedtime, but start fresh every morning. Drink a lot more water and if it doesn't hurt you, keep at it.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active