Four Days Left!

Monica P.
on 8/24/09 2:21 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Let the countdown begin! My LBL is this Friday!

Did you know that in addition to being sliced in half this week I'm also moving? Yeah, because appartently I can't take on enough dramatic life changes at once. I'm loca..crazy I tell you!!

I got my prescriptions filled: Celebrex to take before surgery, Vicodin for afterwards. I stocked up on protein. I got mu-mus, warm socks, and white under t-shirts to wear. I got a ride to and from the hospital.  I got a friend to stay with after surgery. I got my mom calmed down...(maybe I should give HER a vicodin the day of surgery)

I'll make my hospital bag tomorrow.

Oh God...what do I need to know? What am I forgetting?  

Ms Shell
on 8/24/09 3:03 am - Hawthorne, CA
Something to twart constipation...I know for me vicodin clogs me up real quick!!  Congratulations Monica =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 3:09 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm excited for you!!  I'm starting to countdown to mine (next week) too.

Take some chapstick with you
Don't forget to take the stool softeners and/or laxative with you!
Did you get a "freshette" so you can pee standing? (makes it much easier!)

Best wishes to you for an easy surgery and a speedy recovery!!
Ruth
Monica P.
on 8/24/09 3:14 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

"freshette"?

can you recommend a stool softener?

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 3:23 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Freshette is a wonderful little thing that lets a woman pee standing.  basically it's a funnel with a long tube at the end.  Go to Amazon.com and search it.......

Stool Softener.....I usually get the one by Phillips and take 2-3 a day from day 2-5 or even 7 post op (depends on how I am)
PLUS
for right after surgery I'm taking with me Dulcolax....it's a laxative so it will "help" you go.  The stool softener doesn't really encourage you to do it just makes it "softer".  I just remember how bad I was after my last plastic procedure and I'm not going to take the chance this time.  My surgeon's nurse told me to bring a laxative for the next day.  When I take the laxative at bedtime, I "go" the next morning.

FYI - you can both of these at Walmart.

What a charming conversation.....lol
Best wishes!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/24/09 12:39 pm
I'm be moving right after my surgery too!  I've started getting things organized because I know it's going to be insanely busy1

Thanks for posting this!  It helps me get my list in order!

I've been collecting some MuMus and baggy jamies. 

Good Luck Girlie!  It's exciting, isn't it?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Melissa M.
on 8/24/09 1:17 pm - Seabrook, TX
You should be able to sit and go to the bathroom just fine with the LBL.  I think the freshette is more useful for thigh lifts.  Of course any movement the first 24 hours is gonna hurt some.  One thing I just loved was my grabber when I was home by myself.  I swear I kept dropping my cell phone and remote with all the blankets and pillows around me!  Oh something else that was a godsend was a toilet seat riser. They are about $20 at walmart.  A lanyard is also helpful for showers. You can pin your drains on it so they aren't hanging.

Good luck with your surgery!
Melissa
DEBI R.
on 8/24/09 6:42 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Good luck with your surgery Friday, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Cindy F.
on 8/25/09 8:19 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Congratulations it is already here.  Wow  Awesome.  I want you to tell me all about your surgery pain, recovery because i am Oct. 5.  Your do great.  So exciting isn't it. 

I have heard stool softner because meds bind you up.  What is the celebrex before surgery for?  Just curious.

I am happy for you my friend.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Monica P.
on 8/25/09 8:51 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I was surprised at the Celebrex too, it's for pain. I'm pretty sure its a form os a NSAID.
Most Active