Brazilian Wax - A Cautionary Tale

Jandell
on 8/24/09 1:34 pm - Glendora, CA
Sorry you had so many problems!  I went last week and got waxed, no issues at all. At first it wasn't bad and than by the time she was done, OMG, I was so ready for her to stop!  She did say I was very lucky in that I didn't have thick hair.

I've now decided to go tomorrow to get underarms, legs and eyebrows done. My TT is Friday, figure I might as well be prepared.
Jan
I know I can, I know I can
inkerdoodles
on 8/24/09 8:24 pm - Schenectady, NY

OMG..... That's horrible but entertaining..

A precautionary word here.... Check with your doc. He may not want you to do anything for risk of infection. My biggest condern was that no one in that OR was going to make comments about my hairy hooch... I trimmed with scissors but that was all I was allowed to do. In the OR they must use sheep sheering scissors because I was closely trimmed but not shaved. And growing back (6 weeks today) there has been no itching.

Good Luck

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Monica P.
on 8/25/09 7:53 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
I asked my surgeon about it at my pre-op visit. He did not want to do it within the 48 hours prevous to surgery.  Anytime before that was OK with him. Just an FYI for those reading and considering waxing....
Cindy F.
on 8/25/09 8:30 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Oh my goodness that is a wax nightmare.  And hell no threading down there.  YIKes.  Your story had me cracking up.  I was going to be waxed to but now wondering.....don't want a near death experience before surgery.  LOL

Thanks for sharing. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
chacha3030
on 8/25/09 4:12 pm - Austell, GA
Thanks for sharing!!! WoW! I have surgery this morining and can't sleep, so I guess I will take myself in there to shave!!! I'm not laughing at your pain, but that was just the story I needed to give me a laugh and ease my nerves!

Too funny!
Monica P.
on 8/25/09 11:25 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
My surgery is Friday and I can't sleep either!! Good luck to you and a very speedy recovery!!!
Kirsten :-)
on 8/26/09 5:50 am - Agoura Hills, CA
You could always break out the tweezers!  LOL
Most Active