Brazilian Wax - A Cautionary Tale

Monica P.
on 8/24/09 3:40 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

So I was trying to be pro-active and ready for surgery by getting 'my girl business' waxed because I didn't want to be shaved in the OR and have all the itchiness when the hair grows back.

I went to the same place where I go to get my eyebrows threaded. (Threading is the Indian method for hair removal where a thread is wound up tightly and the run across the skin to yank out unwanted hair by the root...very effective and sometimes painful. The results are amazing!)

I got my brows done and then they take me in the back room where I stripped from below the waist and I lay down on a very comfy table. I was so nervous...I was remembering the scene from The 40-year Old Virgin where he got his chest waxed.

The wax went on, very warm....very soothing, then they applied the cloth over it and RIPPED it off quickly. They did this several times and I swear I had a near-death experience. I thought I saw angels. I saw my life flash before me. I heard voices...oh they were speaking Hindi. The woman had called in someone to help her torture....err, I mean wax me.

I looked down, none of the hair had been removed. The two women began to confer and try to figure out what to do next. Then one of them pulled out the thread to THREAD MY GIRL BUSINESS!

If you've been threaded before you know what I'm talking about. If not, imagine how painful it would be to have unwanted hair, lots of it....yanked out from the root all at once. Now imagine that hair being....down there.

That didn't work either. Ultimately they sent me home and suggested that I come back when I let the hair grow a little longer.  The best part was when I went to cashier and THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME for hair that was not removed!!

In the words of the diva Whitney Houston I responded "Oh Hell to the No!"

So, I guess I will be shaved in the OR. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 4:38 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for sharing..........I was considering going for a wax myself but think I'll just shave myself as the nurse suggested.  YIKES!!!!!!!

Hope you are laughing about it now, now that some of the pain has worn off........sure made me chuckle after the initial OUCH.
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/09 6:08 am, edited 8/24/09 6:08 am - Haleiwa, HI
You poor thing!  It is definitely painful, but I have learned a few tricks since I started getting it done.  I have used EMLA cream that I had left over from my IVF shot days that numbed the area.  I now take a bottle of spray Bactine with me.  Before I go in to get waxed, I excuse myself to the bathroom and spray and rub in the Bactine all over myself down there.  It helps numb the area a little bit and also is an antiseptic,   I also take a Tylenol or Advil before I go to help with the pain.  It is totally worth the pain though!  
sonnieN
on 8/24/09 6:56 am - grand rapids, MI
Yeah, the first time you try to get it done is the worst. The hair is very stubborn and doesn't want to come out. They usually have to go over it a few times. Each time it's easier. However some areas are just resistant. I tried to have my legs sugared and the hair just wouldn't budge so we gave up. My girl was nice, she said she didn't want me to have to pay for something that didn't work.

Sonya
Newlifeagain
on 8/24/09 7:28 am - Bakersfield, CA
I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING...YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!

puddin2day
on 8/24/09 8:52 am - Los Angeles, CA

Hey Girly,

You might want to try a place that does not use waxing strips.  Meaning, someplace like Stark Waxing were they smooth the wax on using a tongue depressor, let the wax cool for a minute and then rip off the wax.

OMG, you are too funny.

Congratulations on getting your plastic surgery.

Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

cleos_mom
on 8/24/09 9:47 am - phila., PA
I do get my eyebrows threaded and it does hurt, I can only imagine how it would feel to get hairs pulled out down there 1 by 1
OUCH
katrn05
on 8/24/09 10:18 am - Troy, MI
I've heard that threading is painful. Maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned but I just use shaving cream and a girly bic razor. Mind you, I've cut myself down there...that ain't fun. Always wanted to find a place that does brazilian waxes but I'm too chicken to try.

aka_theempress
on 8/24/09 12:20 pm - GA
I've said it once and again...ain't no way in Hades I'm letting anyone get near my girl with hot wax!!! Never, nope, ain't gwanna do it, fogetaboutit!
Melissa M.
on 8/24/09 1:11 pm - Seabrook, TX
OMG!  I can't imagine the pain...and for NOTHING!  I'm so sorry it didn't go as planned.  I think I would just try laser hair removal.  It supposed to be permanent.
Most Active