16 months out just starting the process....what shoudl I know

Jeannie B.
on 8/23/09 11:10 am
I have lost 101 lbs.  I want a tt, breast reduction/lift...not sure was 44DDD now 36DD...but it is mostly skin.  I haven't seen a PS yet...gonna start getting consults.  What shoudl I ask?  What are my best bets to getting insurance to pay?

I am new to this board but I have read 4-5 pages worth of your posts.  I am a teacher so wouldn't be able to have tt until summer if I have to be out more than two weeks...but that gives me more time to save..

Anyone know/recommend a PS in Lexington Kentucky?
Redhaired
on 8/23/09 3:07 pm - Mouseville, FL
I just sent you a pretty extensive list of questions.  Not all will be relevent to you so you can pick and choose.  Let me know if you think of any questions that should be added to the list.

Red

Jupiter6
on 8/24/09 8:39 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Just FYI-- it's damn near impossible to get insurance to pay unless you lose a lot of volume. Pre op, I was a 48H and was a 34D post op, but all skin...and even with 4 years of photos, letters of necessity from 3 docs, prescriptions, accounts of the non prescription meds I have taken, bleeding oozing rashes and sores, grooves in my shoulders, back pain (a crack in one of the vertebra), the whole schmegeggy, mine was denied.

My mastopexy was done without the lollipop scar that most surgeons make from aerola to pedicle (base.) It's MUCH less noticible and healed terrifically-- I wore no compression garments and got perfectly nice, natural looking boobages. See if you can find a surgeon who does this-- it's pretty damn cool!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jeannie B.
on 8/24/09 10:55 am
Thank you so much.
Most Active