Mons Position Question?

gonemadx3
on 8/24/09 3:17 am - East Peoria, IL
I had my anchor cut tummy tuck July 29 and so far love it. I am not asking this because I am unhappy with the result or anything, but I am wondering, how many of you thought your mons was soo high up after your surgery? I know it was hidden all my life and maybe thats part of it, but its noticeable that my female parts hang out much more than they did prior to the tummy tuck. Is this normal? I mean, I don't mind it, just curious!

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

BigCityGirl
on 8/24/09 4:22 am - San Diego, CA
I have no problems with that area.  I had a LBL and sometimes think that my butt rides a bit high these days - particularly in light of the mid-rise and low-rise jeans thing.....
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 8/24/09 6:54 am - Springfield, MA
Same hereLOL....I don't mind it either but I understand your concern.  Don't worry, for what I read and seen here and there is normal. Good Luck.
Jupiter6
on 8/24/09 8:33 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Jupiter6
on 8/24/09 8:34 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My hoo-ha is wayyy too high, but that was done intentionally-- when he does the thighs and butt lift, it'll all shift back where it belongs.Funny and gross story-- had to go to the BR the other day but the toilet was not flushing right, so I jumped in the shower. I know, gross, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.And I expected to kind of go in the drain Instead-- yep-- I went on the wall. Like a guy! My HOO HA is TOO HIGH! ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

ericas623
on 8/24/09 10:15 am, edited 8/24/09 10:15 am - Roseville, MI
Its funny that you mention peeing on the wall.  I think mine is way to high as well.  When I go to the bathroom, I have to be careful, because peeing is now totally different.  I have to almost aim, like a guy, so it stays in the toliet, and not on the seat, and all this is done sitting down. LOL!!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/24/09 12:36 pm
i haven't had my surgery yet, but that is something i was thinking about recently.  don't ask me why, but that thought did enter my mind.  i guess that just happens when we have to be surgically altered.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Melissa M.
on 8/24/09 1:05 pm - Seabrook, TX

Mine isn't high at all.  I have seen tons of pics on here and am amazed at how high some of the docs pull the mons up.  Some look unnatural to me.  In fact mine is pretty small compared to what it was before and the incision runs very low as well.  The dr said he took quite of bit of excess skin off the top of my mons to avoid the high public line. 

sanguinarythorn
on 8/25/09 5:26 am - Newport News, VA
 My mons was pulled up pretty dramatically, but I don't think it's "too high". My anatomy is definitely in a different place now. Both me AND my husband are trying to get used to it, lol. My surgeon removed a lot of excess skin from the top of my mons so it had to be pulled up... but I'm really happy with the results.
gonemadx3
on 8/25/09 7:18 am - East Peoria, IL
I don't mind it. My girly parts have always been somewhat towards the outside. My husband loves it!!
Right now I think it all looks funny and out of order. But i suppose thats how I would look if I had a tight ab and rear most of my life.

Everything is healing very well, still stretching things out incision wise. Still feels pretty strange and very tight but i am standing up straight which i never thought i would again. lol. My tummy is nice and flat, there is a little poofy buldge next to my new bellybutton on both sides which is still some of the fat left in my upper stomach. I can work with that though. I am looking foward to working out and seeing how fast i see results as compared to when i had a huge glob of skin that you could never see past. how long before we can start working out again?

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

Most Active