outer thigh lift w/lipo and butt lift too

Celia K.
on 8/23/09 6:08 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I am now six days out from surgery.  I went in to have my overly large saddlebags removed from the outside of my thighs via liposuction and then the extra skin cut out and my outer thigh lifted,  I have a bit of loose skin on my inner thigh but not enough to want to do anything about it.  I also talked to him about getting my butt lifted and shaped once the thigh lift was done but it just cost too much to go forward now with that - OR SO I THOUGHT! 

Instead, things went so much faster than expected on my thighs that he did the butt lift too!  So for one price I got all that I wanted done - now that is a great doctor!  And an ethical one -- since I was self-pay, he just decided that since he knew I wanted it done and he now had an extra 90 minutes already paid for, he would just "finish the job" as he put it!

Of course it was a surprise to wake up to a 30-inch-plus incicison instead of two seven inch cuts. And four drains instead of two but I am sure it will be worth it in the long run!  

Check out Dr Ay**** in Greenbrae, CA or Walnut Creek CA - he is awesome!

I was supposed to have drains out last Friday but they were still producing so much that he left them in and we'll see how it goes on Monday.  I prefer them to the mess of seepage I've read about here.  No shower yet but with body wipes we buy at REI, I am fully clean and sweet smelling so no problem there.  I wash my hair by leaning over the bathrub and using the shower head on a hose to wash my hair.  

Like others, I am really hungry - alot hungry.  I think I am eating too many salty crackers though. I sure crave them when normally I don't.  I do feel a hard pressure on top of each hip bone sometimes where the swelling seems to be occurring.  I can walk up and down stairs now and have dropped to only one pain pill at a time instead of two like before.  Seem to have lots of stomach gas as I make those small, soft pouts "that ladies do " as my southern mother would have said.  Just seem to be expelling gas alot!

Any advice on what i can do to be in better shape now and more comfortable would be greatly appreciated.  Have learned that drains are gross but nowhere near as bad as I expected which is good news for me and hopefully for others.

Any advice or insights woudl be greatly appreaciated!

Thansk for slogging through this!  And sorry about the typos -- I am the world's worst typist!!

Jupiter6
on 8/23/09 8:06 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Drains are really just a pain when you're trying to move around-- but they're a necessary evil. Once they're removed, you will find you will swell quite a bit, even if they were putting out little drainage.

Advice? Skip the saltines-- you don't want a lot of added salt right now and the carbs will continue to cause you gas/bloating-- and double up on protein and fluids instead. Have a shake or two every day. If your arms are good, do workouts in your chair using light hand weights or soup cans, just to keep your mobility, not enough to raise your heartrate or sweat.

Walk as much as you can comfortable as soon as you are able. Movement helps with the swelling as well. Slow, circular massage of your abdomen will help keep fluid moving, too.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Amarylis
on 8/24/09 11:54 am - Mexico city, Mexico
VSG on 05/20/09 with
 Hello Celia,

Congrats on your surgery! Once i reach goal, it is probably the surgery I will need. I send you a pm.
Most Active