Opinions please

sonnieN
on 8/23/09 8:20 am - grand rapids, MI
I had my LBL and brachio and was back at work after 4 weeks. I still have one drain in and it's a pain having to deal w/ that at work but other than that things are fine. It's tough for the first week just getting back into the swing of things. I would suggest starting to sit in an office chair or kitchen/dining room chair for extended times before you go back to work to just get used to it. That's where I had the most problem since I had been used to sitting in a recliner for 4 weeks so my back was very sore for the first week.

I'm having my thighs and BL/BA done in Oct and only taking off 10 days for that.

Sonya
blueigrl
on 8/23/09 8:27 am - port st lucie, FL
my opinion, the breast lift was easy 1-2 week recovery, if that, no pain, it's just hard to wear a sports bra or tank with shelf and feel like nobody notices the difference with the girls.  I'm very self conscious everyone at work will be checking them out and gossiping.  the tt---you need 3 weeks.  even though I'm not in pain (2weeks out) I'm exhausted and nap every day.  The tt kicked my butt.  Take a month is you could for the tt.  i did my tt and bl at once and I'm glad i did.  Good luck
Wendy_Canada
on 8/23/09 9:30 am - Canada
Hi Lori

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift in June.  I have an office job and was back at my desk two weeks to the day of my surgery.  I was advised by my doctor to take another week off at least but i am the only person in the office.  I healed great.  The only thing that was bothing me was that i was exhausted at the end of the day. I would go into a room at lunch time and grab almost an hours sleep.  That was the only way I could do it. 

Going back in September to have my arms done.

Good luck with your upcoming surgeries and a speedy recovery

Wendy

PamT
on 8/23/09 3:22 pm - Downey, CA
I had a TT & BL on June 2nd and was off work for 5 weeks. BL was great, no problems at all and yes, I could have returned to work much sooner if I'd just had that. But the TT was and still is a problem. I had some complications and am still dealing with an open hole & draining.  No pain,,just alot of work trying to get it to heal and frustrating.

For you, comfortable clothes will be a real advantage plus the fact that you don't have to get up & down to deal with the public. The thing that you will probably miss is the ability to lay down when you tire and rest. The tummy tuck really made me a fan of afternoon naps and I have NEVER been one to lay down during the day.

Good luck to you & be sure to let us know how you're doing!! 

PamT
cleo66
on 8/24/09 12:16 am - VA
I had LBL and BL/BA in one surgery.  The BL/BA was easy.  The LBL - not so much.  I went back to work full time after 2 weeks (drains were gone), but broke down after 2 days (exhaustion) and went part time (4-6 hours/day) another 2 weeks.  My LBL incision did not heal right; I had an infection that ended up taking a couple of months to get better.
Mona
on 8/24/09 6:58 am
VSG on 02/16/07 with
I had an extended tummy tuck and went back half time the day after I was released from the hospital, believe it or not.  Worked 4 hours a day for the first week, rested over the weekend and went back full time at a week out.  I also have an office job that isn't physically demanding, and I don't see the public, either.  I was tired at the end of the day without question, but it was do-able.  I didn't want to burn up all my vacay time and get so far behind.  I dug my old pre-WLS dresses out of the back of the closet and wore them - they were like tents, but comfy and able to accomodate my drains.  I know my story is unusual, but wanted to let you know that I would have LOVED to have had 11 days off, that would have been downright luxurious!  The problem is you just never know, until you get there, how you will feel.
At or below goal since 5/08....without mal-absorption!
Lori S.
on 8/24/09 9:00 am - MI
If I can I will drag my butt to work on day 11 even if it's just for a few hours.  Like you I can't afford to get too far behind in my work plus and most importantly to me, the short term disability really sucks where I work.  I'd rather supplement my hours with personal time off then use it.  Thanks for responding.  Lori

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 8/24/09 9:12 pm
I had my TT and BL done in late May - the BL was the easier of the two hands down! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Most Active