Magnesium Citrate

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/09 9:46 am
Have anyone else had to drink a bottle of Magnesium Citrate before cosmetic surgery (tt, breast& lipo)?  I also have to drink four tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia today and tomorrow, surgery is Monday.

My doctor also have me on a low residue diet.  No vegetables, fruits, salads or any other roughage or bran.  Just meat, chicken, fish and white bread.

Sherline
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/09 11:12 am
I had to take Magnesium Citrate (blech) but it didn't do anything for me for about ten days. 
jereyes
on 8/22/09 11:47 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
i have had two rounds of PS.  I was not required to take anything.  I only couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight.
Redhaired
on 8/23/09 2:16 am - Mouseville, FL

I have not had to do a bowel prep for any of my plastics.

red

tammyncook
on 8/23/09 7:13 am - Osceola, WI
I did not have to do any bowel prep for my plastics last week. I assumed it was because there's no intrusion into this area during a TT or hernia repair procedure. I'm sure it's because every dr/hospital has their procedures to follow and it's easier to apply to everyone than try to tailor it to each individual procedure.
The only thing I did before surgery was take Levaquin (an antibiotic) 1 pill a day for 2 days before surgery and nothing to eat or drink after midnight before the surgery.
Tammy
Highest Weight 290 / Day of Surgery 275 / Doctor's Goal 190 / My Goal 160 / Now 143
Most Active