Breast job question

Tink608
on 8/22/09 9:12 am

I know I always heard you should wait at least 18 months before you consider plastics and for things like arms and thighs I will do so.  But my breasts are just horrible, between breast feeding 3 kids and loosing 118 lbs I have nothing left except skin.  With no bra on I literally look like I am flat chested, I feel so unwomanly it's not funny.  I am 11 mos out from sugery and I was wondering if I really need to wait the 18 months to have a breast augmention? 

Any advice?

Christy
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/09 9:37 am
Christy I know how you feel.  I am 13 months post-op and I am scheduled for Monday, August 24th to have tummy tuck, breast lift with implants and inner thigh liposuction.  I've been the same weight for six months and pretty comfortable with my weight.

If I had to wait 18 months before cosmetic surgery I would have gone crazy.  If you feel as though you are finish losing weight then go for it.  If you  have a lot more weight to lose then I would reconsider and wait.  In the meantime, you can schedule consultations with several doctors and see what they think.

Good luck with your decision.

Sherline
Loris
on 8/22/09 10:18 am - Midlothian, VA
Are you done losing weigh?.  With a TT or LBL, post-op weight loss doesn't make much difference.  If has made a difference in my breast lift.  In the overall skeme of things a few more months isn't long to wait. Our bodies really do change a lot in the months after weight loss.  Now would be a good time to start doing consults.  Some things to think about.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

BigCityGirl
on 8/22/09 1:48 pm - San Diego, CA
I would get the work done now - if there's nothing there but skin then further weight loss will not matter.  Get it done first and good luck. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
blueigrl
on 8/23/09 8:20 am - port st lucie, FL
If your close to goal then do it.  I'm 2 weeks out from breast lift and tt.  Exactly one year out from rny.  i lost my weight fast within 4 1/2 months and have maintained.  so... even though people recommend the 18 months i couldn't take it any longer.  i was a 36 DD when i went in for the lift and now I'm a "c". i do plan on getting implants in a few months.  they seem so small to me after having such large ones for so long and i want more volume on top.  but I'm very happy w/ my Dr.  i don't have to... and have not, worn a bra yet since surgery , only tank tops with shelf.  do what you you think is best but the closer to a realistic goal weight the better.  I did it @ 135 lbs.  so far so good     good luck
Tink608
on 8/23/09 9:06 am
Thanks everyone for your advice.  At the most I only plan on loosing another 25 lbs.  that is the weight I want to get to.

Guess it would be a good time to start to look for a DR and maybe do some consults and see what they say.

Thanks!!
Christy
Most Active