Dr. Siamak Agha: the good, the bad and the ugly?

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 2:33 am - San Jose, CA
I have a tentative date to start reconstructive surgery in a couple of months (self-pay -- the lawsuits go on, but I'm tired of waiting, and I WILL get reimbursed eventually, I just feel certain of that).

I have communicated with him by email and he has been great.  I've seen the pix on his website -- but I think I can safely assume that's his BEST work, not the ones with issues.  So I want to know if anyone out there has anything to add to my thus-far somewhat limited research (yeah, me, needing help with research ...).

Any help, feedback, whatever you have, will be majorly appreciated.  Feel free to PM me if you aren't comfortable posting it.

Thanks!

Oh, I will be doing "the works"
* LBL and thighs
* 2 weeks later, facelift and eyes
* A few months later, arms and boobs
MelissaF
on 8/21/09 2:44 am - Northwood, IA
I have heard nothing but great things from him and his patients.

He is an active poster on this board too btw. :-)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 11:07 am - San Jose, CA
Under what screenname?  I tried Agha, Dr___, Siamak -- but didn't find his account.  I'd like to read through his messages.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 2:54 am - San Jose, CA
Thanks -- I looked through his posts and ran across one that really surprised me, where he said:

"It is not important how much is removed, it is important how much is left behind.  If you lose too much weight/fat, then it is difficult  to sculpt your tissues and create curves.  It is far easier to start at a higher weight and sculpt you with the intention of creating contour/ definition/ and curves.  Typically, I use a lot of your own tissues for your procedure.  I may use your upper back tissue (as Spiral flap) for your own breast augmentation.  I also generally use the lower back roll for your buttock augmentation.  The liposuctioned fat is also used at a later stage for buttock augmentation in my practice.  In summary, I like my patinets 25 pounds above their intented goal.  I can usually get them to their goal after body sculpting."

Spelling aside (), this is really interesting.  I asked him about this, and I think this view is particularly compatible with where I want to be when I finally "land" in the category of DONE with WLS and the fallout.  I never have aimed at even a normal BMI, because I both want the curves and I don't want to commit to the work to get and stay there.  Also, women in my family are almost all obese to SMO, but live a long time and lose weight in their 60s-80s, and I don't want to have problems later.  Moreover, I LIKE eating 2500-3000 cal/day and don't know if that will work if I was in the 140s.  But Agha seems to think that when he's done, I might be at least in the 150s.  I can deal with that ....
Kennedy12
on 8/23/09 7:09 am - Chicago, IL
Diana,

I relate. Once he is done with me, I will be at my goal weight, which to some people might seem high, but considering my percentage muscle mass, I think 200ish will be perfect for me!

I talked to a couple Agha patients that told me he asked them to gain some weight to give him more to work with.

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Renee2007
on 8/23/09 11:28 am - Central, FL
I didn't really know what to expect as far as losing more weight once I had plastics. I have only done the first stage with having the tummy tuck and breasts and I can tell you that I am wearing smaller clothes but my weight hasn't changed. I know that I still have a little bit of swelling but nothing major. My arms and thighs will be the second round probably in a month or so and I really don't expect my weight to change much if at all after those procedures. I'm just thrilled that I fit into clothes properly and everything is where it should be. I also have curves and actually have a waist now.

I did not have as much skin as a lot of people have, so my expectations were not to see much of a change on the scale. I just bought new jeans at Old Navy in a size 6 and that's still beyond my comprehension!

I think you will be happy with Dr. Agha. I have only heard good things about him.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/21/09 3:24 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Does anybody know how much he charges for his spiral thigh lift???
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 3:12 am - San Jose, CA
My estimate for the spiral thighplasty is combined with the LBL, so this is only his fee, not including the operating room, anesthesia and hospital overnight stay (which may or may not be needed for the thighlift alone) was $5000.  His fee for it might be more as a standalone procedure.
Kim J.
on 8/21/09 4:02 am - Claremore, OK
I can't comment on the dr. because I don't know anything about him.  But I wanted to congratulate you!  You are having lots done.  I hope you enjoy the results.  It sounds like you have waited a long time. 
congrats!
kim J!.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Most Active