Has anyone had the "no drain" tummy tuck?

dw45
on 8/21/09 12:46 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I know there are some surgeons that do the tumnescent tummy tuck and do not use drains to do the procedure they use for their suturing.  Has anyone had this?

Thanks for your replies.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Wendy_Canada
on 8/21/09 2:36 am - Canada
YES had my tummy tuck and breast lift done June 29th of this year and having my arms done Septmeber with no drains in either procedure.  Did not have any problems with fluid at all. 

The healing has been wonderful and i'm so pleased he does it this way

wendy

dw45
on 8/21/09 3:54 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Thanks for your reply!  I had heard this procedure was better with the healing process.  Just wanted to hear it from someone who had it!

Thanks Again!

DW

Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Wendy_Canada
on 8/21/09 8:04 am - Canada
your very welcome.  My surgeon has used this method he said for over 10 years.  I feel like the odd man seeing everyone with drains but i see a lot of uncomfortableness and problems because of them to.  When i get my arms done he doesn't do drains either.  The body absorbs and gets rid of what it doesn't need.  I still have swelling but no fluid.  He says that will settle down within 3 months its just the bodies way of making like a cast around the wounded area.

Keep in touch I'd love to know how you made out

Best Wishes

Wendy

DrL
on 8/21/09 12:09 pm - Houston, TX
I quit using them in the arms and legs, and use 2 for either TT or LBLs.  Even with progressive tension sutures or PTS (which can allow no drains to be used) I still see fluid in most cases, because I keep an ultrasound machine in my office. The PTS does allow most of the drains to come out  within 7-9 days.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
dw45
on 8/21/09 1:45 pm - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Thanks for your reply Dr. L.  Do you use the PTS?  Also, do you do the anchor cut? 

Thank you.

DW

Most Active