Update on my alien baby ... and a recent picture

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/21/09 3:18 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Alrighty, so I have a biopsy scheduled for next Friday (the day before I leave for my vacation in Mexico.. very convenient! ) to determine what is in my abdomen.

For those who don't know wth I'm talking about: A couple of weeks ago I discovered a wonderful bulge in my lower right quadrent (Mom calls it an alien baby). I went to the doc's to see what it was - He suggested that it was a tumour and told me to go for an ultrasound to confirm. Fast forward 10 days: I have the ultrasound done at 7:45am and am called at work by 10:30 by my doctor's office to come in asap to discuss results. Ultrasound Tech and doctor both suspect that something was left behind (small tubular object) in my abdomen after plastic surgery which is causing a hematoma to surround the object. I am told to get a CT Scan to confirm. Fast forward an additional 4 days to LAST friday. I go to Emerg because I can't wait until Oct 27th for my stupid CT Scan (because IMO that's pathetic. 2.5 months to wait for a CT Scan? Really? Ugh.). I get to Emerg at 7am and wait around until noon for CT Scan. Get CT Scan done and wait around for an additional 4 hrs for results (They are so slow, omg.). Doctor comes in and says "Well it's NOT a tumour and there doesn't appear to me anything in your abdomen.. but we do not know what it is. I've called the surgeon on call to come down and speak with you". Me = Speachless. Surgeon comes down roughly 30 minutes later, feels around the area and says he thinks it's scar tissue, but I remind him I had plastics done 9 months prior and this bulge has just appeared in the last 2 weeks, gotten bigger and the damn thing HURTS. So he doesn't know what it is. I have been scheduled for a biopsy which will be happening NEXT Friday at 8:30am. To top it off, the hospital FORGOT to test my blood for some things that were requested as specific to the biopsy so now I have to go get poked again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.

FML.

In other news, my new bathing suit is cute as hell (scroll to the right to see entire picture):

HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Kim J.
on 8/21/09 3:59 am - Claremore, OK
I sure hope they firgure out what your "alien baby" is.  Thats scarey.  On a brighter note, you are looking really good.  I like your swimsuit!  I can't wait until I can wear one.

Keep us posted on the results.
Kim J!.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 5:05 am
LOL @ "alien baby" -- when all else fails (which it often does), a sense of humor will pull you through!

Still ... I'm sorry, something does not start out as a tubular object and then revert to nothing.  This does not seem right.

G-d bless, and I will be thinking good thoughts on your behalf!

inkerdoodles
on 8/24/09 9:15 pm - Schenectady, NY
You go girl... :)

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Most Active