TT 8/11/09 with major muscle tightening and hernia repair

Diane B.
on 8/20/09 7:39 pm - Crestview, FL
Ok, will admit feeling a little better - but my question - anybody else have the horrendous bruising from the muscle tightening - my skin is absolutely draining in the center of my stomach and we are treating it with silvadene 3 times daily to make sure sking doesn't die. - it stinks and makes me ill to change dressing but my Dr is definitely aware of what is going on and I am much more disturbed than him!  No fever so no infection and am acatually taking only miniml on the pain meds which surprised me,  I see everyone's post op pics 4-7 days out no bruised just nice normal looking skin but not mine!!!!  Tell me someone out there besides me is experiencing this!!!!
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/21/09 12:33 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I hope this isn't too much to ask.. but I see theres a picture there (assuming it's of the problem area??) that I can't view because it's hosted using some website that my workplace blocks. Would you mind uploading it to http://tinypic.com/ and linking from there so I can get a better idea of what you're dealing with? :D Or email to [email protected]

HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Diane B.
on 8/21/09 1:18 am - Crestview, FL
no have no picture - that was my time line for weight loss and it has disappeared - this is is disgusting looking I would not inflict it on anyone - the drainage is the most troublesome to me -
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/21/09 1:23 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Ooooooooh! I see the little signature line now :P

I doubt it's as disgusting as what my butt crack incision looked like after my LBL :P Don't worry about grossing anybody out. We've all seen gross things on our own bodies!!

HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Diane B.
on 8/21/09 3:07 am - Crestview, FL
I went to your site after reading some of the things you had replied to and you had   a hell of  a mess did you not???  I enjoyed some of your you tube vids too!  I know when things like this are going on you feel the big but then you showed up and changed my attitude!!! Thanks!
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/21/09 3:21 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I sure did!!! Sutures popping out left, right and centre (LITERALLY), wound openings, crazy amounts of pain even 2 months after surgery. It was hell but it does get better eventually.

Diane B.
on 8/21/09 3:33 pm - Crestview, FL

just read your latest mess.........bless your heart.  Hopefully it will be something easily fixed?  Will keep you in my prayers.

Redhaired
on 8/21/09 12:42 am - Mouseville, FL
If it is any comfort to you, I had bruising.

Diane B.
on 8/21/09 3:01 am - Crestview, FL
Thanks for your support!!!!
tammyncook
on 8/21/09 12:55 am - Osceola, WI
I am 4 days post op from my hernia repair and tummy tuck with muscle tightening too. I don't have any bruising or drainage issues thus far. My muscles certainly are sore and it looks like I have a tent sideways in my stomach, but no other issues. I'm told the "tent" look will get better as the swelling subsides and the muscles heal.
Everyone heals differently. This must be your way! Hang in there, it will get better.
Tammy
Highest Weight 290 / Day of Surgery 275 / Doctor's Goal 190 / My Goal 160 / Now 143
Most Active