Why Do U Recommend Shirts That Open In The Front?

Kennedy12
on 8/20/09 8:28 am - Chicago, IL
I am less than three weeks away from my LBL with butt auto-augmentation, fleur de lis tummy tuck and spiral thighplasty and was wondering why I keep reading posts recommending that people wear tops that open in the front?

My arms aren't being done this go around, so I am curious. I don't own anything that fits this description and wondering if I really need to go out and get some.

And what exactly do you recommend, like a mumu?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and recommendations!

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 8:43 am
You will almost certainly have drains, which wil need to be emptied.  Some people prefer to keep most of themselves covered when they are emptying drains -- hence, tops that open in the front.

If you are able to use your arms, you might be just as comfortable (or more) wearing loose-fitting tops.  I found I hate zippers and buttons in front, and last week I threw away the only housecoat I had purchased.

MyLady Heidi
on 8/20/09 9:31 am
I wore fleece jammies with my tt, but then again it was done in the fall.  I don't understand the buttom up thing, I don't recall hearing that for surgery that didn't involve arms or breasts.  As for drains I would tuck them up in my bra when I went out, they drain up so don't worry.  My doctor thought it was ingenious, she started telling her other tt patients, they were drain implants, my boobs never looked bigger.  lol lol

Good Luck on your surgery.

Hugs Heidi
workingmommy
on 8/20/09 11:08 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I wore them because I came home with 4 drains in the mons area plus the foley.  It was MUCH easier to manage all those tubes with a button up gown.  Ultimatley, you could try both and see what you are most comfortable with.

Good Luck!
April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

sonnieN
on 8/20/09 12:31 pm - grand rapids, MI
I had my arms done and was fine w/ a very loose fitting t-shirt and loose yoga pants and shorts. I had 3 drains when I came home, 1 in each thigh and 1 in the mons area. I just pinned them to my t-shirt and on the inside of the shirt when I went out in public for my walks.

Sonya
Kennedy12
on 8/20/09 1:28 pm - Chicago, IL
This is really helpful everybody! Thanks a bunch, I think I will be ok with my game plan of baggy t-shirts and loose fitting yoga pants!

Jillian

Redhaired
on 8/21/09 12:40 am - Mouseville, FL
I did not find I needed to have things that buttoned in the front -  even after having my arms done.  Just go with what you are most comfortable with.  Worse case -- you decide you need something that buttons and send someone to Wal-Mart to get you a blouse!

Red

michelle1123
on 8/21/09 1:44 am - San Francisco, CA
Red,

When you had your arms done, were you able to lift your arms to get your t-shirt on and off on your own or with assistance?  I'm getting mine done next week and am trying to figure out what I should plan to wear.

Michelle
Redhaired
on 8/21/09 1:54 am - Mouseville, FL
I found I could move my arms well enough to get a loose tee shirt on.  You will also want to be sure that whatever you plan on wearing is loose enough in the arms to go over your wrappings and bandages.  In fact you might want to go sleeveless.  I did not have drains with my arm surgery but some do.  If you have a button up shirt then I would take it too just in case.

Good luck.

Red

Kennedy12
on 8/21/09 5:50 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks a bunch, Red, I appreciate it!

Jillian

Most Active