Post Tummy Tuck directed at Lap Band patients

tonjasm
on 8/20/09 7:47 am - Edmond, OK
With having my tummy tuck and lipo, the position of my lap band port changed.  It is now centered just below the center of my ribs...right on top of my abs.  I am two months out now and I am noticing that particular area is extremely tender all the time.  My surgeon said he did not change anything about my port except suturing it in more secure...it just centered when my abs were pulled together.  I am curious if this feeling will go away or if there is something wrong.  My skin is still numb from the surgery, but that area is sore.  I just find it odd that would be feeling funky.

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Lori S.
on 8/20/09 8:07 am, edited 8/20/09 8:08 am - MI
Thanks for sharing this I am scheduled for my procedure on Sept 25 my pre op is Sept 12 and will definately asked about this.   If you don't mind answering a question or two I was wondering how many drainage tubes you had and how long did you have them before they were removed?

tonjasm
on 8/20/09 10:05 am - Edmond, OK
I had one drain on my left hip and it was there for three weeks.  I know some will get theirs out earlier and some later.  Then at about 1 1/2 months out I noticed where the drain had been that the area was really irritated and really sore and red, but not weeping or draining or smelly.  It turned out that had a stitch that did not dissolve and the area opened up about the size of 1/4 of an inch and I applied (just out of my own common sense) hot, wet compression (damp cloth) and the area started contracting and before too long the undissolved stitch came out.  By the next day the area was completely normal looking and the small opening had closed up.

I really need to take some new pictures and post them.  I am so absolutely pleased with the outcome that I can't believe that it is really me when I look in the mirror.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Wishing you the best of luck with your procedure!

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Most Active