Had TT on Monday... so far so good!

tammyncook
on 8/20/09 4:48 am - Osceola, WI
I had my hernia repair and tummy tuck on Monday. The 1st day was pretty hard pain-wise, but has gotten steadily better each day.
I told my surgical team that I did not want a catheter during surgery because I get a kidney infection every time I have one. They didn't put one in so I had to get moving MUCH sooner than if I had- but I think this actually helped. The first time to the bathroom after surgery SUCKED but it got easier every time. There is something to be said for them wanting you to get up and get around as soon as you can.
I went home Wednesday morning. I haven't had any problems sleeping in my bed as normal. There sure is a lot less tossing & turning, but I'm getting through just fine.
My 2 year old seems to understand that mommy's got an owie and has been respectful of this even though he still wants to be close to me. I just lean over and let him hug and kiss me instead of holding him. So far so good!
Definately keep on top of the pain meds. I have been taking mine religiously every 4 hours and this seems to help too.
I have 2 drains sorta in the crease of where my legs attach to my body. They're a pain- they give little "pulling" pains every now & then, but nothing big. The part I'm trying to find positions around is the incision across my hip bones. The binder pushes on the staples on the hip bone & causes pain. So I've been finding different ways to sit so it doesn't put too much pressure on them. Otherwise, overall, not doing too bad.
I would definately do it all again!
I weighed 147.3 before surgery. The surgery removed 7lbs of skin & fat. The night of surgery I weighed 147.9. And I was weighed again before I left & was at 147.4 Amazing how swelling basically negates any weight lost during surgery! But I just weighed myself now and I'm at 143. Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down. I will continue to take it easy and recover. Hopefully I will get to the before & after pictures soon!
Tammy
Highest Weight 290 / Day of Surgery 275 / Doctor's Goal 190 / My Goal 160 / Now 143
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 6:29 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on the surgery.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm having my TT done in 2 weeks so this helps me to be prepared.
Best wishes for speedy recovery.
Cindy F.
on 8/20/09 7:43 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Thanks for sharing your experience.  I am having mine on Oct 5th so all the information I can get is helpful. 

I am so glad your doing so well.  That is just great.  I too believe moving is alway better after surgery. 

Hope you continue to heal quickly!!!

Can't wait to see pictures
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
tammyncook
on 8/20/09 9:32 am - Osceola, WI
Thanks, everyone.
I think it's good for all of us to hear that not everyone has complications or problems!
I had heard so many before surgery that I was throughly worked up about it.
Turns out that I worried for nothing (so far).
I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed!
Tammy
Highest Weight 290 / Day of Surgery 275 / Doctor's Goal 190 / My Goal 160 / Now 143
Most Active