UnCharming on a Whaaaaaaaaaaambulance

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 4:52 am
Wow, Laura, you really went through hell and back!  I'm not sure what suture rejection is about, though I think I just went through one.  Something broke, or broke through, and I've been seeping this hideous yellow-red pudding-like gore through an opening that the doctor calls

(drumroll please)

NORMAL!!!

Also, he is going out of town for two weeks and the doctor he is referring patients to is about 60 miles away in Newport Beach (I don't know who.).  F*ck.  I mean, I'm thrilled when people go on vacation, it heals the soul and refreshes the spirit, blah blah blah .... Actually I think I don't call much or complain but I am just horrified when my body does something icky and unexplained (can you imagine what I'll be like at menopause?) .... and really I wish everything could stay the same and familiar and problem free.

I am so sorry you were in so much pain.  But maybe it's good to have a thread dedicated to how just plain icky it can all be, to serve as a warning for others.  Worth it?  Yes.  But the healing?

OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Redhaired
on 8/21/09 12:49 am - Mouseville, FL
Keep your eye on the prize.  Think of it as a means to an end.  Not everyone breezes through surgery and this was a much bigger surgery than your RNY so it only makes sense that you need to take the time to heal.  And if all of those things do not get done, so what?  Will someone die, no.  Just take it a day at a time and if you have teenagers -- they are old enough to fix their own d*** dinner!

Red

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/09 5:01 am
You are so right!  It's hard to believe this was a bigger surgery than the RNY ... remember how we all worried that if we had RNY we were goin to die shortly thereafter, but the surgery itself was only about 1-1/2 hours long.  My reconstructive surgery was about TEN hours, so it makes perfect sense that it's a much bigger deal.  (I'm just a weenie, and I don't like to hurt)

As for the teenagers, SHEEEEEEEESH!!!

My generous MIL is providing six hours service from a fantastic cleaning lady.  The teenagers have actually been paid to clean the bathrooms (to a minimal standard) for the last year -- and omigosh, this lovely cleaning lady has been three hours in my house doing almost nothing else but trying to bring them up to minimal sanitary standards.  The teenage boy was supposed to clear the floor so that this wonderful person could actually CLEAN the floor ... and every article that is found on the floor as of this morning, I am instructing the cleaning lady to put ON HIS UNMADE BED.  (He shares a room with  his little brother, and it's not fair that they will both have to live in filth just because the oldest is a slob.)

Thank you for the support and encouragement Red.  You really are an inspiration!
Jessie-F
on 8/22/09 1:57 pm
No pole dancing here!!!   I

Don't feel bad, you're not alone!  I had a BR and TT w/ flank lipo about two months ago and am having a hard time recovering. First of all, I am so HAPPY I decided to do do this at the beginning of the summer vacation because there was NO WAY I would have been able to go back to work any sooner. Hopefully things will get better by September so I won't worry the children at school LOL!!!

My TT isn't such an inconvenience, except for the swelling. The lipo is starting to hurt NOW, 2 months later. I feel like pins are poking me all over. But the worst has to be my breast!!, especially my right breast. Holy moly that is really annoying me!! Stitches keep spitting out, the scar has become sore and oozes sometimes. And I feel a lot of tugging inside. I still can't sleep on my stomach, and I would take vicodin if my surgeon would refill my darn prescription!!

So you see, you are not alone. I never thought it would take soooooo long to recover, but things do get better little by little. Feel better.

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 5:57 am
Jesse, thank you -- I'm so sorry for your troubles, but at least I'm not the only one whose recovery has not been some kind of zip=a=dee doo-dah bliss!

Blessings and hastened recovery to you ...

Charm
Most Active