Get rid of the sag now or wait a after a year of more weight loss

alexalexalex
on 8/19/09 7:21 am - United Kingdom
 Hello everyone,

I found this lovely place while frantically searching the internet for photos of arm lift scarring. I am 22 and in the past 12 months I have gone from 224 lbs to 182 lbs, on dieting and exercising. I am only 5ft 2" so am still very much obese. I went to see a plastic surgeon who was recommended to my mother by a friend. 

I went to see him because I am and always have been very top heavy. My arms really show my weight off the most. Also the pouches of fat on my back won't seem to budge. And so i thought a bit of lipo will help me.  My mother also felt i should go and ask about a TT and as I can't even remember a time when i had nice breasts I have always known I would get a breast lift at some point.

When the Dr saw me he told me that apart from the back I won't get away with just lipo as everything has already sagged!  He highly recommended that I have the breast reduction and lift claiming that they are just far too big for a girl of my frame and size. And too much pressure on my back (I have back aches and shoulder aches when I run). 

He said that he thinks I should do a lot of rethinking about the arms and maybe leave it for a while and that I should think about the TT too. 

Ok so basically now I don't know what to do. Do I get the breast surgery now so that I am more comfortable and have a better posture (while exercising) or will they be saggy again in a years time when i loose more weight? or will I need implants if he's giving me a reduction now? 

And the arms, is there any difference doing it now or a years time? It's just too me I would like to have everything done at the same time so I can get on with my life but does he mean leave it and see if the sagging will improve with exercise? Can it improve? I thought once it's started to sag that's it regardless of how much weight training I do. 

Also I'm worried that if I have my breasts and back reduced, and maybe also my tummy then i'm worried my arms will look even more freakishly bigger than the rest of me.

Sorry I have been here everyday since I saw the Dr. and I'm just wondering if anyone had any answers or advice for me.

Also if anyone does have any photos of year old arm list scarring that would be great my mother isn't too keen on the idea of me having visible scars. 

Thanks for reading. 

Oooh my first post! 

Ms Shell
on 8/19/09 8:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Depending on how much more weight you'd want to loose I would hold off on having anything done UNLESS the body parts mentioned are stopping you from exercising and living your life and loosing the weight.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

BigCityGirl
on 8/19/09 10:28 am - San Diego, CA
Any decent plastic surgeon will tell you that body contouring procedures like breast work and TTs are best if the patient is close to a normal BMI at the time of the surgery.  I waited until my BMI was 25 before I did anything.  Your breasts might reduce themselves if you achieve a normal BMI, without the need for a reduction.  As for your exercise issues relative to your breasts, get a good exercise bra.  I did when I weighed 230 pounds and I was a 44F and I had no problem. 

You can look at the photos on my profile and find an 8 month Post Arm Lift scar.  They're much better now at 18 months Post Op......

Good Luck and take your time - it's not a race.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active