Swelling after TT on heavier patients, interesting

Jessie-F
on 8/20/09 6:29 am
Michelle!!!

I don't mind the swelling that much, heck, in comparison to my flabby belly I like this puffy look!
Some days are better than others. As far as the binder goes, I wore mine religiously for the 5 weeks that the surgeon recommended. After that I had it on and off during the day. Now I wear it if I know I'll be walking a lot or doing chores and such. I thought about the lymph massages, might look into them. I do have a problem with water retention (take prescribed pills), but my DR said  not to take them for now because it will interfere with my lymph nodes job of regenerating after surgery. When I do take them I lose 5 lbs automatically!

I'm so excited for you in this new (plastics) journey, good luck. HugZ!

Ms Shell
on 8/20/09 6:59 am - Hawthorne, CA
I'm excited too =)  Since you are prone to fluid retention I would so look into the massage...if nothing else you'll get a nice massage =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 4:42 am
 Thank you so very much for posting this.  I'm about to go get myself some flavored water right this very minute!
Jessie-F
on 8/20/09 6:31 am
You're welcomed! I'm about to get some H20 myself!!
Susan Hegarty
on 8/20/09 11:53 am - Easton, PA
I was one who went through surgery at a heavier weight.  So far, at 10 days post op, the only complication I am having is bad swelling, especially now that the drains have been removed three days ago.  I swell more when I do more, so its important to take it easy. 
I am a member of makemeheal.com and it's a great board for pre and post op plastics!!  Thanks for posting this.
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Most Active