Swelling after TT on heavier patients, interesting

Jessie-F
on 8/20/09 1:55 am
I often visit makemeheal.com and came across this post that gave me some hope with all this swelling. I figured that it would be nice to post the link here since most of us go through plastics starting at a heavier weight than the "norm". Any way, it made sense to me, check out the DR's reply and then click on the pics he provides.

Here's the link:
messageboards.makemeheal.com/viewtopic.php

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 2:14 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for sharing this.  It really helped me the visual of how you can be 'worse" at 2 months post op but it will all change and in the end give the wanted results.

Jessie-F
on 8/20/09 5:54 am
You're welcomed. I too am happy I got to see what I "might" look like at 9 months post op. I definitely look like that 2 month post op patient, so poofy!
BigCityGirl
on 8/20/09 2:16 am - San Diego, CA
My surgeon told me this as well.  Heavier TT and LBL patients have more complications and more swelling (fat retains fluid).  I worked really hard to get down to a normal BMI before I had my work done and I'm so glad I did.  I got through my LBL with no complications and very little swelling.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jessie-F
on 8/20/09 6:09 am
I didn't know about this before. I tried hard too to get to a normal BMI, but everyone's body works differently . For whatever reason my body seems happy at this weight (2 years no gain or lose), and it seems to not budge!

As far as complications are concerned, just had a minor setback in the beginning, but TT seems fine now. The BR however has been ridiculous to recover from!!!, the girls look cute, but dang!, they still hurt!
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 6:34 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
My surgeon keeps telling me I should recover really well because I am "all skin" at this point.  I'm glad I decided to wait until I hit my goal before I started the big stuff like the Lower Body, Thighs, etc.
I'm hoping it will mean I have very little swelling too.  Cross your fingers for me...

Ruth
Cindy F.
on 8/20/09 3:28 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Thanks for sharing.  Appreciate the info.

How are you doing?

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Jessie-F
on 8/20/09 6:18 am
Hi Cindy!
Yeah, you should check that site once in a while with your upcoming surgery. I still love OH, but they have a lot of before/after pics. Their products are pretty good too.

Any who, I'm doing great. Recovery lasted longer than anticipated, I thought I'd be running around after a month post op but at almost 2 months post op I feel exausted most of the time. TT is fine, except for the mid day swelling, but my breast ache at the incision site. Things tug and pull on the inside, sometimes it causes so much tension that I end up giving myself a headache!

Hopefully next summer I'll be able to enjoy all this work! Hugs back @ ya!
Cindy F.
on 8/20/09 6:39 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with

Did you use any of the products from Makemeheal? 

Oh still recovering after 2 months.  Scary but makes sense.  Because it is a large surgery.  Guess that is what I have to look forward too. 

hopefully by Christmas you can enjoy all the work with a new holiday outfit. 

Hugs

Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Ms Shell
on 8/20/09 3:38 am - Hawthorne, CA
Well thank you for this I anticipate swelling from hell for about 3-6 months (haha but who knows) but I do believe thanks to this I will be NEVER without my binder and umm I heard about the lymph massage so I will be looking greatly into this!!

Hey Jess =)

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active