OT-I've resurfaced after spinal fusion!

dec721
on 8/19/09 7:04 am, edited 8/19/09 7:07 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Thanks to my sleeve, I was able to lose the weight to have the spinal fusion I've needed for several years.  It was a week and a half ago.  It was way scary and way painful at certain points ... and I am still VERY stiff and sore ... but I am home and on the mend, thanks be to God.  My gratitude for life and health and mobility knows no bounds.  

For those of you on the fence about having weight loss surgery, especially if you are youngish, do NOT wait until you have ruined your body with decades of obesity before taking yourself in hand.  Our bodies were not meant to hold up under the strain of excess weight, and you WILL pay the price for it -- knees, hips, backs, ankles, feet, etc.  Thanks be to God for second (or zillionth) chances!

Best wishes to all on your journeys!          --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

alexalexalex
on 8/19/09 7:29 am - United Kingdom
 Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for your post. It's helped me think more about having the weight loss surgery.
Take care of yourself and I hope you're recovery speeds up!

Alex
BonBon1
on 8/19/09 7:49 am - Somewhere, GA
Hi Dorothy,
  I just wanted to say I'm glad you made it successfully through the spinal fusion surgery.  Wishing you a smooth and fast recovery!
                                                       Bonnie
Cindy F.
on 8/20/09 2:16 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Wow spinal fusion surgery is a big surgery.  Didn't you have plastic surgery not too long ago?  I am so happy your doing well.  Yes and I agree completely

Weight loss surgery was the best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
dec721
on 8/20/09 3:24 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hey Cindy -- Yes, I had brachioplasty one month to the day before the spinal surgery.  The ol' back took a real turn for the worse about a week before I got my arm flab chopped off, and I had to jump on it.  There wasn't any putting it off this time.  Two recoveries for the price of one ... or something like that, heh heh!          --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Cindy F.
on 8/20/09 3:42 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Dorothy

You are simply amazing.  Glad you doing so well.  Good for you 2 for one.  HAHA!!!  Glad to see your up and around.

Your a trooper

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Most Active