Update-- Almost 9 weeks post abd/hernia/breasts/arms, etc.

Jupiter6
on 8/19/09 9:39 am, edited 8/19/09 12:31 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'll be 9 weeks out on Friday.

Extended anchor cut abdominoplasty/hernia repair-

My last few scabs are peeling off this week. The quarter sized hole in my left hip is now the size of the end of a pencil eraser but still drains a little-- I keep a bandaid on it. The hernia site is still painful-- I still sleep on my back, sitting up, propped up with pillows. I can walk, but have trouble doing aerobics or jogging-- I definitely can't bounce. The heat's killing me-- I swell outrageously, like a sausage. I have lost about half of the water weight I gained from surgery. I do not use any kind of binder or compression garment-- I do wear medium grade shapewear and try to adjust my angle often when seated.

Brach (arms)-

I am trying to treat the scars with silicone strips-- I cut them thin, then use Hypafix tape to support the scarline. Near my elbows, the scar is hypertrophic and dark, from use. The patch at the elbow that has been hurting from the start still aches-- hopefully it will subside soon. I still sleep with them raised on pillows, and have discovered that long drives and Jane Fonda Workouts hurt 'em like the dickens.

Breasts-

Gonna get these revised in a little bit. The area where they cleave looks bumpy, like there's something under your carpet-- and it's not straightening out. An easy fix in his office. Otherwise no issues.

Mostly just trying to live with unpredictable swelling. And come up with $7800 to finish the backside. GAH.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Mendee M.
on 8/19/09 11:42 am - Mulvane, KS
Where's the Pics???
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Jupiter6
on 8/19/09 12:29 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I don't look any different in clothes, and I ain't postin' nekkid!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Mendee M.
on 8/19/09 12:59 pm, edited 8/19/09 1:00 pm - Mulvane, KS
Awwww....no NEKKID????  

Actually, I want to see nekkid arms!!! I am still trying to decide if I just want the underarm incision, or if I want the full monty!!

Oh yeah... did your surgeon mention anything about the use of steroid shots to treat the scars? I mentioned the strips to a PS, and he said he used steroid shots... Never heard of that...
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Jupiter6
on 8/19/09 2:03 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I had steroid shots behind my ears-- I think we discussed this last week. No steroids yet for the arms.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

ShirleyG
on 8/19/09 10:17 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
I ,like you am needing wanting the backside ,,,Got the full TT and thigh last summer , face and arms.  All that is left is the butt and breast life , no aug.,,,, Lordy how expensive all this is as all mine are self pays.  I could have bought half a house...lol
I am wonderfing on the butt if it is as painfull as the full TT..,  Lordy what a trip on that one .
You have any ideas? 
Melissa M.
on 8/21/09 2:49 pm - Seabrook, TX
I had the LBL and the back side was a breeze compared to the front.  I was a little sore from my butt for sitting so much and I also had the auto augmentation.  That part wasn't bad at all.
Cindy F.
on 8/20/09 2:12 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Thanks so much for sharing your progress.  It has helped me prepare myself for what is coming up in Oct. 

I am glad your doing well. 

Oh have to have a repair.  Bummer but glad it is small and they can do it in the office.

You look great!!!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
MelissaF
on 8/20/09 3:16 am - Northwood, IA
Sounds like you are moving right along progress wise with the healing aspects, soon your activity will get better, I imagine a few months postop u will feel normal enough to do some "bouncing". I am almost 4 mos postop and I still have soreness in my tummy and no hernia repair here... prob take some decent amount of healing time. 

The swelling is a bizatch isn't it? Ugh... i look preggo by the end of the day most days.  Hang in there girlie and thanks for keeping us posted on your recovery, I like knowing how u are coming along!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 9:29 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I love all your updates.
Keeps me well informed so I'll be very prepared for my TT in 2 weeks.  YIKES and YIPEE!

Most Active