Questions and Advice Needed - 9 days Post OP

Susan Hegarty
on 8/19/09 5:04 am - Easton, PA
Good Morning ladies,
I am 9 days post op and wondering when everyone was able to stand up straight and stop hunching over? I am starting to feel like the Hunchback of Notre Dame 
Second, how is everyone sleeping? I am still in the darn recliner and my butt is starting to kill me! lol,
Lastly, I am due to go back to work next week and not sure what I should wear. I see some are saying jeans are uncomfortable on the skin and with the swelling I am guessing certain things would be very uncomfotable.
I am looking forward to everyones experience and suggestions.
Thanks so much
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

sonnieN
on 8/19/09 5:14 am - grand rapids, MI
I had an LBL and was walking mostly upright by a week out and definately by 2 weeks out. I spent the first 4 or 5 days in my recliner but couldn't stand the feeling in my neck when I would wake up so then I moved to the couch. I had pillows propped up under my back and my legs. Finally made it back to my bed after 3 weeks once the drain in my left thigh was removed.

I went back to work after 4 weeks and am wearing my normal work clothes but they are more a business look so dress pants. I would stick to very soft fabrics. Also try sitting in more of a desk chair during the day (if you have a desk job). My lower back killed me for the first week from sitting upright after weeks in a reclined position. It's finally starting to feel better today.

Sonya
Jupiter6
on 8/19/09 9:21 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Three weeks until I could walk long distances without hunching up. And I sleep on my back in bed, with pillows so I am in a seated position-- also pillows under my arms, and under my knees-- and I am almost 9 weeks post op.

I'd wear a long dress-- it can better accomodate swelling.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Melissa M.
on 8/19/09 12:13 pm - Seabrook, TX
I was walking straight by 2 weeks for the most part. I also slept in my recliner for 2 weeks before I even attempted my bed.  Even when I did try the bed it took about 3 nights before I could sleep comfortably through the night.  It was just such an awkward position with all the pillows and they would move when I moved so it took some getting used to.  I pretty much was down to my regular 2 pillows after the first couple of days in bed because it was a more natural position for me.

I was off 6 weeks before I went back to work and I was stumped too when it came to figuring out what I was going to wear.  My tops fit me too big and the pants were loose everywhere except he waist because of the swelling.  I ended up hitting the sales racks and bought a smaller size.  I also wore skirts with elastic waists to be more comfortable. 
Most Active