liquid diet two days before surgery

vickie O.
on 8/18/09 2:11 pm - amarillo, TX
i was floored when i read i had to do a liquid diet two days before my tt.  did everybody else have to do this?  of course better safe than sorry, but i thought my liquid diet days were over. lol  vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

DEBI R.
on 8/18/09 7:16 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I didn't have to do liquids but I'm sure you'll do great with yours!!
Good luck with your plastics, I hope you have an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

vickie O.
on 8/18/09 10:59 pm - amarillo, TX
thanks for your support. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

BigCityGirl
on 8/18/09 11:48 pm - San Diego, CA
Sounds crazy.  I've had three rounds of plastics, including an LBL and did nothing except avoid eating 8 hours before surgery. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/09 12:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I just did my pre-op for my TT (fleur-de-lis) yesterday and they said nothing about liquids.....actually told me to enjoy my meal the night before (but nothing gassy), and no food after midnight.  Very standard.
The only difference I can think of is because you have the hernia problem.  They might want to be sure nothing solid is in your intestinal track or colon just in case they find the hernia is a challenge to repair.  Only my guess ..........call and ask the Dr why they want you to do this.

Best wishes!
speicallady
on 8/19/09 6:51 am - bronx, NY
Hi Vickie O
I did not have to do a liquid diet before surgery, but I did one after for about a week,

but can do it.  Are you so ready to jump on that table and get it done.?

Debra
Most Active