Canada EI Sickness Benefits?? Help!!

klynee.girl
on 8/18/09 1:48 pm - Medicine Hat, Canada
I was wondering if anyone knows, if you go out of country for your Plastic Surgery, do you still apply for EI Sickness Benefits? Or are you only eligible if your surgery is in country? I was on these benefits while I had my gastric but I can't find the info for out of country...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Gastric Bypass - September 8, 2008 - Lost 130lbs
-Plastic Surgery - Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, MX - December 4, 2009 (LBL, BA, Medial Thigh Lift, Small arm lift, Lipo)

Wendy_Canada
on 8/18/09 8:12 pm - Canada
When i did my gastric bypass out of country i was eligible for E.I. so i don't see any difference if its because your going for plastic surgery.  Just get the doctors certificate that you need for E.I.

I had my plastics in Canada and went to the E.I. office to see if i would qualify and told them it was elective surgery (plastic surgery) and she said it didn't matter it was still a medical reason you would not be able to work.  Now in saying that i applied back in June and have not heard a decission of if i qualified or not and have been back to work since 2nd week or so of July. 

Did i answer what you asked?   lol

Good Luck

Wendy

DS Facts
on 8/19/09 10:13 am
How long did you take off work Wendy? With the 2 weeks waiting period I haven't bothered applying, I was just going to take 2 weeks holidays and a week of working at home. (I have no STD at work)
Wendy_Canada
on 8/19/09 12:34 pm - Canada
Hi Bev

When i was off for my tt and breast lift i was only off 2 weeks which is just enough time for the waiting period you have to put in however i am doing my arms in september so that means i can reactivate my  claim and get paid from day one in september.  If i wasn't doing the two and so close together i would have done just the holidays also.

Wendy

DS Facts
on 8/19/09 12:57 pm
Thanks Wendy. Do you know how long the reactivation period is valid for?
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/20/09 6:48 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I had my gastric bypass in Mexico and I was on EI after with no troubles.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Most Active