I showered and feel human again! But how long until I'm not exhausted all the time?

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/09 3:09 am
It was three weeks of sponge-bathing .... wow, if I'd known that, I'm not sure I would have done this, I live in a very toasty roasty part of the country.  

I showered, and the whole experience was so exhausting that I promptly fell asleep for two hours ... woke up to ate dinner . . . and went back to sleep for a whole night's sleep.

So my news is, showering is great, even if it's brief.  The uncovered incisions are sort of scary-looking and I actually nearly passed out in the doctor's office which I have never done ever anywhere in my entire life, which by ITSELF was scary.  

My husband's remark was -- Wow, he really did pretty much cut you in half! (Thank you, dear.)

I'm stil leaking a tiny bit.  I'm in less pain and down to about one vicodin a day.  I'm told all of this is normal.  

But . , ., wow, I'm totally exhausted.  I mean whipped.  I'm spozed to be back at meetings (where I'll sit all day) and graduate school in the evening (more sitting, one day a week) . . . NEXT WEEK.  It's not exactly work ... I realize people have desk jobs a lot like that .... but anyonje here think I'm going to make it?

Yikes!

Susan Hegarty
on 8/19/09 5:15 am - Easton, PA
Hang in there Charming!  I am with you all the way.  I am 9 days post op and showered yesterday for the first time.  I was exhausted afterwards!  Today O drove for the first time and went for a haircut.  I had to come home and take a Vicaden and a nap (I have been off the Vicoden for 3 days now).  I am due to go back to work on Monday, i manage a call center and sit at a desk, but we have to rrmember that we had major surgery and need to rest and take care of ourselves.  Our bodies are in shock and trying to repair itself. 
Feel better and hang in there
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Most Active