Cold Feet

Monica P.
on 8/18/09 2:28 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

My LBL is scheduled for AUgust 28th...at least once a day I freak out and change my mind. I'm scared. I'm not ready. Oh God, why did I decide to do this?

The other day I came to the realization that I'm going to be laying on on operating table again. The thought of that long insicion around me is horrifying...how will I take care of myself? I had to stop looking at all the plastic surgry pics, because even though the results are amazing and I can't wait to have a flat tummy...I'm just so darn afraid.

So how do I get past this?

MelissaF
on 8/18/09 2:57 pm - Northwood, IA
I was there also.

How do you do it? You just do it, u know in your heart how far u have come and u deserve to love the way you will look postop.

Yes, I have an incision and yes, i don't love it BUT, I don't see obese Melissa anymore.

You go and do this for you girlie... you deserve to be happy. I would do it again and again to get to where I am today.

Be excited.  I know it is scary but this is a monumental change for you.. the LBL... You will LOVE it!!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/18/09 7:47 pm
Melissa,
How sweet you are... I'm going to return to this post in December because I'm sure I'm going to be going through the same.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Monica P.
on 8/19/09 8:44 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Thank you!!! I often think of obese-Monica when I'm running. Sometimes she's chasing me while carrying a pizza and a box of donuts, she's fast for being 300+ pounds!

I can not imagine having a flat tummy, I have NEVER had one. even in my childhood pictures I was a chubby little girl.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/18/09 7:50 pm
Monica,
You're going through very normal feelings.  And Melissa is right.  You do deserve this.  It is horrifying to think of the incision, but for me, it's more horrifying to see this huge hanging stomach.  I hate the way I look now.  Just keep thinking of how good you'll feel and look after the 28th.  It will go quickly and you'll be on your way to healing.
Remind me of this post in December when I prepare for my tummy tuck!

Monica P.
on 8/19/09 8:45 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Ok, in December I'll remind you how good life is on the other side. Deal?
Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/20/09 11:59 am
Thanks Monica!  I'll appreciate it!  AND I'll need it!!

Kim J.
on 8/18/09 8:34 pm - Claremore, OK
I'm doing the same thing.  I know how you feel.  I have been thinking about not getting my surgery.  I have already paid a $500 non-refundable  portion of my surgery.  I can't let that go for nothing!  I'm worried about the pain of recovering.  That scares me BADDD!  I'm fortunate to have a wonderful husband that is taking vacation time to care for me. 
Chances are you won't regret it once you are about 2 weeks out!   At least thats what I'm hoping!
I hope all works out for you and you have a speedy recovery!
Good Luck
Kim J!.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Monica P.
on 8/19/09 8:46 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
LOL! The money makes it harder to back out doesn't it? I have $2700 to pay up before I go in...I could take a really nice Italian vacation if I change my mind.
M B.
on 8/18/09 11:37 pm - Warrensburg, MO
Focus on the happy results that will be yours.  No more jiggly stomach!  Get your body as healthy as possible and know that you are stronger now than when you had your original weight loss surgery.  You got through the tough days after that one and you will get through this too!

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Most Active