2 weeks and counting till Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 9:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It's getting closer to my big day. Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift.   I just got home from my pre-op appointment......I am all paid (my wallet feels so much lighter!) and I have all my instructions.
I made a reservation at the local "after care" facility so I don't have to worry for the first couple of days.

My dogs kennel reservation is all confirmed (he gets to go on vacation for a few days).

Now that the pre-op pictures are done and everything is paid I'm getting a little bit nervous but nothing bad (yet)....I mostly feel excited.

Can't wait till I wake up with a flat tummy and perkier boobs!!!!  WAHOOO....
blueigrl
on 8/18/09 10:03 am - port st lucie, FL

i just did both on the 6th, so I'm not even two weeks out yet.  But i have  to say it is just like i thought it would be--no surprises.  Drains came out last week and a few staples--that was the best.  And my Dr lets you take a shower 2 days after surgery--which makes you feel so much better.  I was nervous but excited as well.  I did care credit and actually got my first "bill" today.  Oh well.  The boobs were no big deal in terms of pain---but the tt--ouch.  But I'm pretty much walking 90% upright but still sleep with a pillow under my knees.  Week one is a b%$&*  but after that you begin to see the light.  I'm still really swelling.  the mornings are the best because you lay down, but once you sit for a little while getting up and standing upright is hard.  good luck to you, get lots of rest...and think long term.   Jo
Renee2007
on 8/18/09 11:31 am - Central, FL
I'm excited for you, Ruth! I hope these next 2 weeks fly by. The waiting is the hardest part. It sounds like you have everything in order and you're well prepared. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Mendee M.
on 8/18/09 12:44 pm - Mulvane, KS
Congrats!! I am so jealous!! I am planning on my BL with augmentation and arm lift right before Christmas. That seems SOOO far away!!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
MelissaF
on 8/18/09 3:01 pm - Northwood, IA
Yeah RUTH!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!! :-)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 8/18/09 7:22 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'm so excited for you Ruth, I know you can't wait.  I hope the 2 weeks go by extremely fast for you.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

dawnspaints
on 8/19/09 1:12 am - Carlyle, IL
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what size are you in the breast lift. I want to have it done later, I am a 44DD and I like what I have, but I thought I would have to have a reduction and that is why I am asking. i hope you don't mind me asking about it. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/09 2:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi !
I don't mind sharing......

First let me give you history.....Prior to losing weight I was a 46/48 DDD.
Prior to surgery I was squeezing my loose skin into a 38/40DD.

I had a breast reduction as my first plastic surgery last Nov. After my reduction/lift  I'm a 36C and I LOVE MY SIZE!

I am having another lift done because since doing the reduction last year I've lost about 40 lbs so the girls are not as perky as they could be.  I'm basically having a revision to re-lift them.  PLUS the surgeon will remove the "side boobs"....the lump of flab at the bra line.  I may lose a little in the size but not much....it probably won't change my bra size.  I'll just be thrilled to have them perky again.

Having the reduction done was the best thing I've done for myself.  I never have the back pain, shoulder pain, or neck pain that I used to have.  Plus I LOVE the way they look.  

PM me if you want to chat more about it...
Best wishes to you
Cindy F.
on 8/19/09 2:23 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
You will be so happy when it is over and your recovered.  I am having the same Oct 5.  So excited and so scared at the same time.  I have my days when I just can't look at pictures too.  But then I start again.

Sounds like your ready.  I wish you a perfect surgery and speedy recovery.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
tishsingle28
on 8/19/09 5:43 am - Gastonia, NC
What issues did you have before you tummy tuck. Did you sweat or have rashes due to excess skin?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9, NIV).        
Most Active