TT 9 days ago

Diane B.
on 8/19/09 4:32 am - Crestview, FL
Anybody as miserable  as me with this surgery?  I had no clue it would be as bad as it was.  I had a lot of muscle damage fixed too so maybe more painful -- Somebody make me feel better please??? I am not  a happy camper
Susan Hegarty
on 8/19/09 5:09 am - Easton, PA
Hi Diane
I am 9 days post op as of today and I can relate to how you feel.  I just got my drains out yesterday and feel a lot better now that I had a shower and a haircut.  The recovery is tough and the muscle repair makes it quite a challange.  I know it will get better we just have to hang in there.  I am still sleeping in the recliner and taking it easy.  It does seem to get a little easier every day.  I noticed that as the numbness goes away I am feeling burning and tingling which the doc said is normal.  Remember we had major surgery and need to give our bodies time to heal.  Every time I feel down I look at my tummy and man oh man I am so grateful I did this.
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

speicallady
on 8/19/09 6:47 am - bronx, NY
hi ladies

I had my tt Aug 7
not much swelling, but I feel so tight, and bend over.
I was able to sleep in my high bed with pillows.

today I looked down and saw my girlfriend ()  she has been missing in action  for a while
this makes this surgery so worth the pain.

I  Keep telling myself it will get better, my friend told me today I look lake crap, and I laughter, and it OK,I had having a few hard days, but I am about to be real cute soon.

it is time to go back to sleep?

DEBRA
jackie j
on 8/20/09 5:20 am - Glenmoore, PA
Susan, I've got a question.  Several folks have recommended to me to have a recliner around after surgery.  I don't have one.  I do have a lounge in my living room that might suffice.   Why the recliner specifically?  After my WLS I slept by myself in a low queen size bed with body pillows around me and that was fantastic.  Couldn't get "up" into my regular king bed, but had no trouble getting "down" and out of the queen.   Wondering if I'd need to rent something.  

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active