How long is Aetna approval good for?

lanie42273
on 8/18/09 12:54 pm - bloomington, CA
Going to my 3rd month appt. tomorrow for TT documentation and I just found out I am 15 weeks pregnant.  So does anyone know how long an approval is good for?  Should I go ahead and have them submit the documentation to Aetna (PPO) or should I just wait and do my 3 months again after baby comes(Dr is 2 hours away and it would suck to do it again)? Thanks for your help.
Lanie
MelissaF
on 8/18/09 1:05 pm - Northwood, IA
Mine was through Aetna and mine was good for only 6 mos. 

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! How exciting!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 8/18/09 7:18 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I have Aetna and mine was good for 6 months.  Congratulations on your pregnancy. If it were me I would wait until after the baby is born to submit for approval.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

lanie42273
on 8/19/09 1:01 am - bloomington, CA
Thank you for your help.  I will let doc know to submit after my baby comes.  Thanks.
Lanie
Lonnie
on 8/19/09 12:14 am - CT
For those of you with Aetna, how tough was it to get approval? I think I will need a brachioplasty, breast lift, and LBL. How much money are we talking here? LOL

Yours,

Lonnie

DEBI R.
on 8/19/09 5:50 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Lonnie,

Aetna paid for my brachioplasty (very rare) and panniculectomy but they won't  pay for a breast lift or LBL. They will pay for a breast reduction but you have to have 1 1/2 lbs removed from each breasts and I would end up an "A" cup so I'm going to have a lift instead when I come up with the money. My arms cost $3,500 and the panniculectomy was $2,500 and I paid for the rest myself so he gave me a price cut on it all.

Good luck. Debi

minuature pinscher 

Lonnie
on 8/19/09 9:17 pm - CT
Thanks Debi! Do you have any tips as far as documenting the need for a brach? Did anything you said specifically demonstrate medical necessity?

Thank you so much!

Lonnie
DEBI R.
on 8/20/09 2:43 am - CORSICANA, TX
You can see pictures on my profile of my arms they were pretty big. I had a rash under one arm that my dr documented and gave me an ointment for once but that was it. My chiropractor wrote a note that the extra skin was causing problems with my back . I didn't have any rashes under my stomach but it did hang past my mons.

Good luck with yours. Debi

minuature pinscher 

Lonnie
on 8/20/09 5:30 am, edited 8/20/09 5:30 am - CT
Thanks Debi! My arms look similar to your before pics. Maybe there's a shot for me after all!

Thank you again, and you loooook marvelous!

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/09 3:27 am
Congratulations on your upcoming BABYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Best advice is always ask the surgeon, but . . . 

Your body shape is going to be different after this new baby ... maybe even MORE persuasive for insurance co.  And if they deny the first time, then it's just going to be all uphill from there.  

I'm not a doctor, I'm a schoolteacher, BUT my advice would be to call the plastic surgeon, say thank you for your support so far but I'm taking a break from this process to have a baby and I'll call you back again when I'm maybe even sleeping through the night.

Congratulations to you -- I'm very excited for you!!!  A new adventure, and a new person!!! YAYYY!!!
Most Active