TT - well after the cuts heal.......

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 8/17/09 9:59 pm
How long do you continue to swell up?  I am wondering if it's really swelling or have I gained weight?  I weigh 195 - roughly what I did before surgery (was 196 actually) and to ME it seems like I am getting 'pudgy' in the very middle of my stomach - now, when I lay down, I'm totally flat.  When I am sitting, I have to remember to #1 - SIT UP STRAIGHT and not hunched over, but my tummy seems to 'pudge' when I am sitting.....

I am not swollen in other places - I can now wear the size 8 pants that I could not get into before surgery and my other clothes are good too.  I'm still wearing my compression garment during the day because if I don't or wear just light shapewear, I REALLY can tell I am swollen by the end of the day......

So - for those 'old timers' who are 3 or more months out - WHAT GIVES?????

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

cbhjr98
on 8/17/09 11:43 pm
I'm nearly 4 months out and just now am I having more "not swollen" days than swollen ones.  If I overdo it, I get the "preggo" look again-especially by night time, but it usually dies down by the morning.  It really does take time and i am noticing a HUGE difference between now and just one month ago.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
BigCityGirl
on 8/18/09 1:20 am - San Diego, CA
I probably gained a few pounds in the first few weeks after my LBL because I wasn't getting any exercise.  After I returned to the gym, my weight dropped dramatically.  My SIL, who is not a bariactric patient got a TT years ago and then gained 25 pounds and the weight gain looks rather odd - it's distributed in all the wrong places.....  I know it's really important to maintain your weight after any of these plastic procedures. 

My new body started to take shape about three months after my LBL.  Good luck.

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Faith *
on 8/18/09 5:17 am
Per my doctor, you can experience being swollen for up to 6 months.  I know when I sit down I want to see my tummy be FLAT but it does tend to pudge a little.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 8/18/09 5:50 am
yea - my doc told me 6 months too - I just don't want to 'mess' up what he did - I have this thing in my head telling me all that skin and fat are coming back......

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 8/18/09 5:18 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I am more than 9 months post op, swelling is down completely  and if I hunch over then I get the pudge too. It makes me sad.

What weight did you get down to after PS?
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 8/18/09 5:46 am
You TOO??  ahhhh - ok - that's kinda comforting

I am still at 195 post surgery - I will get back to 186 - I'm not happy at 195 for sure - it's too close to 200 - but I can wear nearly all of my pre surgery clothes

shoegirl1023
on 8/19/09 10:03 am, edited 8/19/09 10:03 am - Solon, OH
~Sexy YaYa~
on 8/19/09 3:19 am
Be patient with your body. I continued to swell and my tummy changed in shape/size up until I was a YEAR post-op TT....that's when everything seemed to calm down and I could see the real results.

Oh and the pudge thing...next time you see a skinny heffa sit down take notice...she will have a little pudge too It's skin and nothing to be concerned about. When you're cleared by the PS, start working your abs and keep em tight.

You HELLA FINE WOMAN...simma down
~Sexy YaYa~
Most Active