RANT !!! They are making PS so hard!

klynee.girl
on 8/17/09 10:27 am - Medicine Hat, Canada
Sorry about the Rant, but I need to get this out. Has anyone in Canada found a decent plastic surgeon?? I am ready to have my surgery done but I keep hitting brick walls when it comes to finding someone to do it. I called today to try to book a consultation, telling them I was a WLS patient, was told I need a referral...which I dont understand because I got a friend to call for a refferal as well and they were willing to book right away. So now I have to wait 2 months to see my surgeon to get me refered and then another 3 months ( YES!! the PS is 3 months behind ) to even find out if they are willing to take me on as a patient. You think when your shelling out 10's of 1000's of dollars of ur own cash, things would be easier!!! I don't even know what to do now, I want to get on with my new life already and quit having to wait on doctors all the time!

-Gastric Bypass - September 8, 2008 - Lost 130lbs
-Plastic Surgery - Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, MX - December 4, 2009 (LBL, BA, Medial Thigh Lift, Small arm lift, Lipo)

jonelle32514
on 8/17/09 1:20 pm - Pensacola, FL
Holy crap girl!!! I can't wait that long!! Is traveling an option for you at all? Mexico or here? 

I don't understand the referral thing.  Why would you need a referral if you are paying for the surgery yourself?  Sorry for my ignorance, I know nothing about Canadian healthcare.  I do hope you are able to get the ball moving sooner than 5 months from now!!!! 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

DrL
on 8/17/09 11:51 pm - Houston, TX
I'm trying to figure out why you need a referral if you are self-pay, and why a qualified doc cannot get you in sooner, at least for a consultation !  Keep us posted.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Redhaired
on 8/18/09 1:22 am - Mouseville, FL
If you are self pay, why not travel to have plastics.

Red

klynee.girl
on 8/18/09 3:24 am - Medicine Hat, Canada
I am considering travelling out of country for the procedures I need, however I am unsure if my provinces Sickness Benefits will still apply if I go out of country. If they don't I cannot afford to be out of work without having some sort of income.
runnergirl
on 8/24/09 1:54 pm - Canada
 Hi, We live close by and I am just starting to look into plastics. Who were you looking at for plastics? I was going to check out Hasell in Lethbridge and then see about Calgary or Edmonton.I have seen Dr Nohr's TT on one of my friends, WOW he did a great job.Let me know if you are any further ahead.

Thanks,

Heather
klynee.girl
on 8/24/09 10:44 pm - Medicine Hat, Canada
Dr. Hasell is the one who is demanding a referral...and is also 3 months behind...so you will have a long wait to see him. I have looked at a few surgeons in calgary that are promising, and have heard really bad things about Edmonton. I personally think I am going to Mexico to someone who has a lot of experience with bariatrics patients. It seems most PS's here aren't as knowledgable with our extreme cases. Dr. Nohr does a good job as far as pannectomy's go but I dont want all the scars, thats why I am opting for a tummy tuck.

Kaylyn
runnergirl
on 8/24/09 11:46 pm - Canada
 That is crazy, I know how much more it is here in Canada but maybe going south is the way to go. I had my WLS in Brazil so I believe the quality of care isn't an issue but I worry about post op. I hear that no one will touch you back home if you have problems. Thats the part I find stressful. I still can't believe that about Hasell, he did my boob job like 8 years ago and was wonderful to deal with. I wonder what happened. Thanks for the input, have a good one,

Heather
medhatlady
on 9/3/09 1:51 am - Medicine Hat, Canada
Sorry to stick my nose in but I would double check him in Lethbridge I have not seen or heard of anything good come out of his office...There is a guy in Vancouver I can get his name if u want
Angie
Most Active