swelling after tt

blueigrl
on 8/17/09 8:28 am - port st lucie, FL

I had a tt and breast lift 8/6, and then yesterday the swelling seems to have drastically increased.  my abdomen is like a rock.  the drains were removed 8/11.  I did do a lot that day.  Is that the cause?  is this normal?  When will it improve?  thanks.

Wendy_Canada
on 8/17/09 9:33 am - Canada
Your normal.  I had my tt June 29th and at the end of the day my tummy is hard and swollen.  I asked my surgeon on my last visit and he said i can expect that for about 6 months.  He explained it as your bodys swelling is like a cast protecting the injured area.  I asked him how to take the swelling down and he said to leave it alone it will adjust in time.

I didn't have any drains at all and was worried it was a fluid build up but it wasn't

Best of continued success in your recovery

Wendy

sanguinarythorn
on 8/17/09 10:03 am - Newport News, VA
Increasing and decreasing in swelling is pretty normal, but if it gets drastic or painful or uncomfortable you probably need to get checked out. If you notice an increase in swelling and you can roll fluid under the skin like a waterbed, then you need to go in to get it drained.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 10:48 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Swelling does increase with activity.
Plus the drains are not pulling fluid out anymore too.
If you can lay down in bed, put your legs up it will probably help.
Sounds normal to me........but I'm not a Dr so if you are very concerned give them a call.
Susan Hegarty
on 8/17/09 12:08 pm - Easton, PA
I am 8 days post op and the swelling is pretty bad, especially down below.  Dont worry it is normail, annoying but normal.  You can see the swelling in my pics from the link in my signature.  I go for my 2nd follow up with doc tomorrow and Im hoping to get the dreaded drains out!!  Hang in there  
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Melissa M.
on 8/17/09 12:43 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm 2 months out and my swelling is pretty steady. Mornings are best but there it seems to always be there for the most part.  It's not as bad as it had been, but still noticeable to me.  I've had some lymphatic massages and they have helped. 
blueigrl
on 8/17/09 11:19 pm - port st lucie, FL
thanks everyone...jo
Most Active