To wax or not to wax...that is the question!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 12:20 pm - Haleiwa, HI
You know it is really strange because I had a drain that I went home with after my revision surgery, and my Dr let me shower with it.  He just said not to let the shower head hit it directly, so I never dreamed I would not be able to shower with my drains. 
Susan Hegarty
on 8/17/09 12:26 pm - Easton, PA
On August 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM Pacific Time, ivfmommee wrote:
You know it is really strange because I had a drain that I went home with after my revision surgery, and my Dr let me shower with it.  He just said not to let the shower head hit it directly, so I never dreamed I would not be able to shower with my drains. 
I was just looking at your profile and I have to say YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!  In your before pics you are very pretty, but the after pics..OMG!  What a transformation.  Congrats to you and your success!!!
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 12:46 pm - Haleiwa, HI
I just looked at your pics as well, and you don't even look like the same person!  Amazing job and 200+ gone is remarkable!  I just hope my tummy looks as good as yours does after my surgery!
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 8:56 am - Haleiwa, HI
I forgot to add that I am having a lower body lift, breast lift with augmentation, small thigh lift, and lipo with fat injections to my butt.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 9:27 am
In that case -- don't forget to have your underarms waxed (this was the easiest of all).  And since it might be a while before you can comfortably lift your arms, consider getting your brows done.

I have been SO grateful to have all that out of the way.  Yesterday my big outing was having my oldest daughter take me to get my hair and nails redone -- again, I feel about a million times better.  And in the meantime, my legs and other private areas are troubling me NOT AT ALL!
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 9:33 am
 Edited to add ... I normally do NOT get myself waxed, and I found it to be embarassing even though I live in a place where it seems to be de rigueur.  So I found a highly recommended person in a part of town where I plan to never go again, under any cir****tances, ever, ever, ever. 

Monica P.
on 8/18/09 12:33 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Thank you for the public announcement....I was thinking of doing all of that because I'm girly and vain...but it makes sense.
sonnieN
on 8/17/09 8:41 am - grand rapids, MI
Personally I do the brazillian all the time and had mine done a week before my surgery for a LBL. Now I can't wait until my next appt. which is in a couple of weeks when I'm 6 weeks out.

Like someone already mentioned, you won't have to worry about the itchy regrowth and ingrown hairs.

Sonya
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 1:36 pm - Haleiwa, HI
I have done the brazillian for a couple of years, but have slacked off since we moved.  You would think I would keep up with it since I moved to Hawaii...nope!  Dr said that he is fine with it and actually likes the idea better anyway, so I am making my appointment!  Are you worried about getting yours done after surgery?  I am worried about doing it after surgery  because I am having a LBL, small thigh lift, and some other procedures.  What all did you have done? 

Jessica
sonnieN
on 8/19/09 10:00 am - grand rapids, MI
I had an LBL & brachio. I asked my Dr. if he though it would be OK to do at 6 weeks out and he said yes. I've not had any problems w/ my incisions, everything is tight and together and no scabs. I actually get sugared which is slightly different than waxing. No strips, no hot was and no dipping back into the same wax jar they use for everyone. The sugar is also much easier to get off your skin, only soap and water.
Most Active