To wax or not to wax...that is the question!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 6:44 am - Haleiwa, HI
Sorry if this is TMI, but I am thinking about getting a brazillian before my surgery.  Has anyone else done this?  If you did not, was there a specific reason why you didn't?  Any info is MUCH appreciated!
Redhaired
on 8/17/09 7:50 am - Mouseville, FL
I asked my surgeon about this.  He told me that they would clip the hair.  They do not want to take a chance on infection.  I don't know about waxing.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 8:44 am - Haleiwa, HI
Thanks Red!  I have sent an email to my Dr to see what he says.
jonelle32514
on 8/17/09 8:03 am - Pensacola, FL
I waxed before mine.  I asked my surgeon and they said it was ok.  I just got a thigh lift.  But I did wax before my c-section and that was ok.  Just ask your Dr to make sure, I don't see how it would hurt.  Either you remove the hair or they do.

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 8:45 am - Haleiwa, HI
I don't see why it wouldn't be ok either, I would rather be smooth and less itchy than have a bad shave!
jonelle32514
on 8/17/09 9:48 am - Pensacola, FL
that was my concern too! I didn't want any knicks and cuts lol.  How did you manage to keep your boobies?  You look amazing!!! Good luck with the surgery!! I want Dr. Sauceda to do my LBL. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 10:29 am - Haleiwa, HI
I definitely lost in my boobs, but I am lucky to still have some tissue left.  I cannot wait for my lift and my gummy implants!  I also wear FANTASTIC bras!  That is one thing that I will still buy from Lane Bryant....their balconette bras.  They are, by far, the best bra I have ever owned. 

When are you scheduling your LBL?

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 8:37 am
My Public Service Announcements for the day:

1)  Wax.  EVERYTHING!!!!

You don't mention which surgery you're having, but consider the following:

a)  You're going under anaesthesia, which carries its own risks; don't make the surgical staff spend precious, dangerous anaesthesia time shaving you; also, they won't do that good a job;

b)  stubble regrowth during recovery is itchy, uncomfortable, irritating, aggravating;

c)  personal sanitation is sometimes a problem post-op, especially if you cannot shower for a while, or have on a surgical brace/girdle.  Keeping yourself clean is a WHOLE lot easier if you've gotten rid of all the hair, which probably won't have full regrowth for at least a month.

2)  Other personal care things I was very glad to have done --

a)  hair blowout/styling -- especially since you might not be able to take care of this for a while on your own.  Get yourself a style that you can easily comb into place, because post-op life is exhausting, and nothing is more demoralizing than being in pain AND feeling sloppy.

b)  pedicure -- if there's any chance you can't reach your feet, then trust me when I say ragged/jagged toenails and heels and callouses will make you really uncomfortable. A pedicure lasts for three or four weeks if you're not on your feet much, and it's totally worthwhile;

c)  manicure (in my case acrylics) --
    i.  you might not have energy to do this while you're recovering, and it's comforting to have a neat appearance.  Since you're not doing much post-op, this mani-acrylic set will last forEVER!!!
   ii.  If you tend to scratch, go for acrylics because they aren't as sharp as your nails.  I have been unshowered for three weeks (HOLY COW! THREE WEEKS!) and though I can sponge-bathe, it is like having part of my body in a cast -- has that ever happened to you?  You wind up wiht flaky, itchy, awful skin and it is VERY tempting to scratch.  My own nails are seriously sharp and knife-like, so with acrylics I'm a lot less likely to scratch and injure the delicate skin ****ep my acrylics very short).

That's my advice!  Best of luck!
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/09 8:54 am - Haleiwa, HI
My plan was to wax everything!  I have no idea how I am going to handle not bathing for so long because I cannot stand to go one day without washing my hair or shaving my legs.  I live in Hawaii too, so it should be interesting. 

I will definitely be getting a pedicure as well and my nails too because it will make me feel somewhat pretty. 
Susan Hegarty
on 8/17/09 12:14 pm - Easton, PA
On August 17, 2009 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, ivfmommee wrote:
My plan was to wax everything!  I have no idea how I am going to handle not bathing for so long because I cannot stand to go one day without washing my hair or shaving my legs.  I live in Hawaii too, so it should be interesting. 

I will definitely be getting a pedicure as well and my nails too because it will make me feel somewhat pretty. 
For me the hardest part is not showering.  I am 8 days post op full TT and hip lift and the sponge bath thing bites!!  I go for my 2nd follow up tomorrow, I pray the drains are removed and I can come home and shower!!  Ah the little pleasures in life
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Most Active