I HATE MY ARMS!!!

buckeyekris
on 8/16/09 8:19 am - Bellefontaine, OH
I live in Ohio and had RNY at Ohio State University in December 2004. I have no issues with my body that I can't stand (or that spanx can't fix lol)...except my bat wings! Does anyone know the cost of the brachioplasty and any good surgeons in Ohio? I don't have insurance right now, but I'm not thinking insurance would cover it anyway. I'm getting married in August 2010 and I want a freaking strapless gown (hard to find one that's not nowadays) and I don't want to be self conscious about my arms. I'm only a size 8 now but have to wear a larger shirt because of the wings. Looking for advice! Thanks in advance
Mendee M.
on 8/16/09 10:11 am - Mulvane, KS
So far I have had 2 consults; 1 for $3700 and 1 for $4200. I was also quoted $3350 over the phone, but I have not met with that PS yet. The mid west seems to be slightly cheaper...
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
Wendy_Canada
on 8/16/09 11:16 am, edited 8/16/09 11:36 am - Canada
Just so that you can compare................I am having my arms done Sept 21 in Toronto Ontario Canada and my arms are costing me $6,000.00

It was more than i expected but i have just had a tummy tuck and breast lift in June by this doctor and he did a FANTASTIC job so i don't want to go anywhere else but him.   My scar is so fine and light it is amazing.  Hopefully i will have the same sucess with my arms

Wendy

oh2bthinagain
on 8/16/09 1:37 pm - Canada
Hey Wendy,

Who was your plastic surgeon in Canada - you have me interested!
Highest/Surgery/Current: 276/268/146 - CENTURY CLUB MEMBER 02/18/10!!

Wendy_Canada
on 8/16/09 4:55 pm - Canada
http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/43289/ON/Toronto/Kreid stein

Go to the link above.  His name is Michael Kreidstein.  You can read on there others who have used him and their comments.  you can also clink on his name and it will take you right into his home page and his education where and what he is certified.....everything you want to know.including before and after pictures.

I hope your impressed with him I already think he is fantastic.

Good Luck with your choice.

Wendy

Redhaired
on 8/16/09 1:18 pm - Mouseville, FL

With the arms you want to go to someone who does a lot of them.  Getting the scars on the arms in just the right place so that they do not show is an art.  Ask to see lots of pictures -- of arms!

BigCityGirl
on 8/17/09 4:08 am - San Diego, CA
Arms are the hardest surgery to get right.   Shop around and find someone with a lot of experience.  Those quotes seem very good - out here in California the going price, for everything (surgeon, OR, Anesthesia, etc), is around $8,000. 

I know what you mean about flabby arms.  I am so happy I had mine done.  Whenever I would raise my arms before I had this done I was reminded of my old school teachers in grade school who would write on the chalk board and their arm flab would shake. 

Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active