Please Help

snapshotmama
on 8/15/09 8:19 am - Cave City, AR
I have a few questions. How soon after Gastric should I start my plastic surgery? Any ideas of what I can be doing now to help get the insurance to pay for Plastic Surgery. Please Help. Thank You
 THE LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF US

vickie O.
on 8/15/09 8:55 am - amarillo, TX
thry say at 18-24 mths out and when your weight has been stabalized for 6 months.  between now and then, go to the doc every time you have a rash under your belly or breast. also document with the doc back pains that might be caused by your stomach or your breast.  it might be pain, but documentation through your doctors is valuable.  good luck. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

CELINES Rodriguez
Torres

on 8/15/09 10:26 am - Springfield, MA
I waited five years just because my weight was not stable at all.  I just had a TT on July 7th, 2009 and feel like I made the best decsion ever.   At one month out I am back to work and feeling great.  Hope this help.  Good Luck to you.  BTW I had RNY back in 2004.  Started weight was 296 current weight is 140 Lbs.
sanguinarythorn
on 8/15/09 11:42 am - Newport News, VA
I would say wait until your weight has been stable for at least 6-12 months. Insurance companies usually like to see 100 lb loss and maintained for at least a year. Like someone else said, everytime you have a rash or even so much as a back ache, get it documented by your doctor.
Most Active