XPost: Bald Spot

cbhjr98
on 8/15/09 4:27 am
XPost from grad forum:

I am 20 months out of RNY - been at goal weight since 8 months. had plastics 4 months ago. Never had a reaction other than nausia to anesth.

I have notice that I have a 2-3 inch bald spot on the back/side of my head... now I have long hair so it's covered but it's BALD - not thinning or thin, but completely bald.

anyone else have this and if so, how did you (or your doctors) treat it? I've seen something about maybe cortizone shots maybe helping, but has anyone tried this or anything else?

Thanks,

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 4:48 am, edited 8/15/09 4:55 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hey Cass,
I just posted a similar question yesterday...or the day before. I've gotten some good answers.
Here's the link www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4001052/Unusual-Qu estion-about-side-effects-of-Surgery-Hair-loss/

Also, I found other sites talking about it...here are some....
www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/telogen_effluvium.ht ml

www.hairloss-reversible.com/discus/messages/2/31.html

It seems to me like my problem is directly related to all the anesthesia I've had lately (and more to come!).....the good news it seems to grow back!  May take a few months but at least it will come back (hopefully no more gray than it is now!).

Best wishes!!
Ruth
cleos_mom
on 8/15/09 11:11 am - phila., PA
it is from the anesthesia & the shock to your body . your hair is in the resting phase and will start to grow back in about 3 months it usually starts about 3 months post-op and lasts about 3 months, take some Biotin 5000mcg and wash your hair with the nioxin system available at any beauty supply house and some hairdressers, and I also use Rogaine
Most Active