3 Days Post Op TT Pics

Susan Hegarty
on 8/13/09 4:26 am - Easton, PA
I just went for my first follow up today with plastic surgeon.  I has a mimi mettdown when he removed the bandages and the compression garment.  I couldn't believe that despite the swelling and numbness, I HAVE A FLAT STOMACH!!  I have no bruising at all and the drains will be out next Tuesday!!  All the years of hard work and sweating it out at the gym have finally paid off.  For anyone thinking of plastics, JUST DO IT!!

www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/524588/album/3-Days-Post-Op-TT/
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Wendy_Canada
on 8/13/09 4:41 am - Canada
Congratulations Susan isn't it wonderful?  I just had my tt and breast lift June 29th and now i walk past the mirror and go (HEY THERE   )   ..........step back and take a second look  :-)

I don't know if everyone goes through  this but just a heads up.  Right after my surgery i was absolutely FLAT.  As  a week or so went by i got just a tiny little "pot"  I am less weight so how could this be?   I asked my plastic surgeon and was told its only swelling.  The bodys way of making like a cast to protect itself.  the reason i'm telling you is so you don't get upset if you get this little pot after being flat after surgery.  It WILL go away !!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Wendy

Susan Hegarty
on 8/13/09 5:28 am, edited 8/13/09 5:28 am - Easton, PA
On August 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM Pacific Time, Wendy_Canada wrote: Congratulations Susan isn't it wonderful?  I just had my tt and breast lift June 29th and now i walk past the mirror and go (HEY THERE   )   ..........step back and take a second look  :-)

I don't know if everyone goes through  this but just a heads up.  Right after my surgery i was absolutely FLAT.  As  a week or so went by i got just a tiny little "pot"  I am less weight so how could this be?   I asked my plastic surgeon and was told its only swelling.  The bodys way of making like a cast to protect itself.  the reason i'm telling you is so you don't get upset if you get this little pot after being flat after surgery.  It WILL go away !!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Wendy Thanks so much Wendy.  And thanks for th heads up.  A little pouch won't get me down, especially if it is just temporary.  Anything is better then that huge pouch of skin that used to be there... right? 
**259 Lbs lost!!**

Kim J.
on 8/13/09 5:16 am - Claremore, OK
I love to read your posts!  You are so positive and you are making me a little less scared to have my surgery! 
I'm glad you are having such wonderful results!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Susan Hegarty
on 8/13/09 5:23 am - Easton, PA
On August 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM Pacific Time, Kim J. wrote:
I love to read your posts!  You are so positive and you are making me a little less scared to have my surgery! 
I'm glad you are having such wonderful results!
Thanks Kim
I know its easy to tell someone not to be scared, but pray on those feelings.  You will be just fine!!  The real time that I should have been scared was when I weighed over 400lbs and risked a heart attack every step that I took
I think these posting boards are a wonderful resource, but at the same time they can give us way too much to think about, and worry about.  We are all different and our bodies react differently to surgery, weight, etc.  What works or doesnt work for one person may or may not work for another.  We just have to do our best to take care of ourselves and put it in the hands of the man upstairs 
You will come through your surgery beautifully!!! 
**259 Lbs lost!!**

Diane B.
on 8/13/09 5:29 am - Seymour, CT
Fabulous, Susan!  Congratulations & prayers for a speedy recovery.

Diane B. 

275# RNY 1-7-08 156# Dr. Bell Yale  New Haven CT
Brachio - BA - TT - TL 7-8-09 Dr. Sauceda Mexico

dw45
on 8/13/09 5:31 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Your pictures look great!  I can only imagine how is must feel to have a flat stomach!   So happy for you and your results.   I'm going to try to have a tummy tuck by the end of this year.

Please keep us posted on your progress!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

O. Kufi
on 8/13/09 11:55 am
Congratulations...you look super!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Cindy F.
on 8/14/09 2:17 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
First of all congratulations on your amazing weight loss.  WOW that is so great.

Your pictures look wonderful.  Oh how exciting to have a flat tummy.  Can't wait for my surgery October 5.  I am so excited and scared.  Not sure why I am so scared I guess just going under....not knowing what to expect. 

But thanks so much for the positive message and you make me more excited for my surgery. 

How is your pain level? 

Wishing you a speedy recovery and forever flat tummy!!!!!

Hugs and kisss
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Susan Hegarty
on 8/14/09 2:44 am - Easton, PA
On August 14, 2009 at 9:17 AM Pacific Time, Cindy F. wrote:
First of all congratulations on your amazing weight loss.  WOW that is so great.

Your pictures look wonderful.  Oh how exciting to have a flat tummy.  Can't wait for my surgery October 5.  I am so excited and scared.  Not sure why I am so scared I guess just going under....not knowing what to expect. 

But thanks so much for the positive message and you make me more excited for my surgery. 

How is your pain level? 

Wishing you a speedy recovery and forever flat tummy!!!!!

Hugs and kisss
Hi Cindy
I was soo nervous before the surgery.   The whole "going under" thing and not knowing what to expect terrified me.  Plus I am so afraid of needles!!  When they put in the IV I didnt even feel it and from the time I went to sleep until I woke up it felt like 5 minutes..lol.  I will be totally honest, the pain is pretty bad and the after effect of the anasthetic is not easy.  Day one after surgery is the toughest with the pain, and you definately need to take the pain meds.  But by day two it is much better and now on day four I only take one pain med, before I go to sleep at night, otherwise just ex strength Tylenol is just fine.  My swelling is pretty bad today and I am retaining a lot of fluid, but I am still down 13 lbs from the day of surgery which the doc said is really good. 
Best of luck with your surgery, you will do GREAT and you will be so happy you did it!!!  Contact me anytime if you need to talk or just want to say hi.
Susan
**259 Lbs lost!!**

Most Active