Tell me what to do!! Please?!?

katiekat412
on 8/13/09 10:48 pm
AHH!! Babies?? Horrifying!!! Just kidding, but they are at LEAST five years out, if ever. I got the five year IUD a couple months ago to make sure of it :)

Thanks for the message! Did you see pics of Dr. S's work?

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

shscharger
on 8/13/09 10:59 pm - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
I have seen several pictures from different ones , chatted with several patients on here plus I have met three of his patients in person too !  Nothing like meeting a person in real life to understand how they really feel about him as a surgeon and a person !!   I know you have heard it several times but he really is a super nice guy . (And so his his wife who just happens to work with him !) 

I am pre op so I can't help you with that part (although I know several that can ) but if you have any more questions about when we are going or coming back just let me know ! 

Hope it all works out for you !!
katiekat412
on 8/13/09 11:03 pm
How did the scars look on the people you saw in person? I heard he does excellent incisions, but the scars are deciding factors for my legs and arms.

THANKS!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

shscharger
on 8/13/09 11:29 pm - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
I know how you feel on that part .  Really can not tell you about that part because all three were not out very long from surgery .  I met two of them this year in Vegas and I met Misty last year right after she had hers done. The incisions looked good but can not help with the fading of the scars .

I will tell you this  -- all the pieces where in the right place and the ladies LOOKED good !   

I can also tell you that I have asked several patients and surgeons about the scars and most agree . (Other than your surgeons skills )  It will have a lot to do with how healthy you are , taking good care of the incisions , following the doctors guidelines , staying out of the sun , and a few other things. Plus most that have used the strips say they help also.

You might ask and see if some of the ladies can send you some more recent pictures of them to see if it helps you any .
MSHAMO
on 8/13/09 6:14 am, edited 8/13/09 6:14 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Hi Katie, Just a thought to make your decision even more complicated, sorry!! I, also, had my panni "paid for", but don't forget that you still have to pay for your deductible and co-pays. For me, that added up to $1500.00. So it really wasn't "free"!! Take that into consideration when you make your decision, if you get a great price in Mexico, you might be better to just get everything done there. No matter where you choose, you will love your plastics!!! Good luck!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
katiekat412
on 8/13/09 9:03 pm
Wow! What was your co-pay? MIne was only $100 for RNY. I guess I assumed it would be the same.

O. Kufi
on 8/13/09 9:21 am
Decisions Decisions! I know but I have to say I like Diane's idea. My husband lives by the motto ask and you shall receive. The worst either surgeon can say is no right, but I think someone may work with you.
It would be great to get it all done at once and thats what I would work towards. I can definitely attest to Dr Sauceda's kindness and generousity too. 

Go for all you can get I say!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

katiekat412
on 8/13/09 9:01 pm
Well, the doc here was nice about not paying any extra for the tummy, but I don't think I'll get much more free :(

Dr. S said he would give me some free lipo, depnding on how I was doing during the surgery.

I forget, what procedures did you have done? How are your scars? Anything you would change about what Dr. S did? I know he's great, but there aren't a lot of people who had surgery with him to talk to!

Thanks!!

katiekat412
on 8/13/09 9:02 pm
Ha ha. Just read your signature, so whoops on which procedures did you have, but all the other questions are still valid :)

BigCityGirl
on 8/14/09 1:31 am - San Diego, CA
These are tough decisions but I think you need to take your time and go on more consults and think this through thoroughly before making a final decision.  The best thing you can do for yourself before any body contouring procedure is to make sure you are at rock-bottom weight.  The results and healing will always be better.  Second point, go for quality, not quantity. 

I haven't seen your "before" photos but sometimes in younger women, you can get by with a little lipo instead of a big procedure like the thighs.  I didn't carry my weight in my thighs so my thighs are fine, just a little lipo here and there.  But my arms were a different story - they required lipo and surgery.  I'm very happy with all my work and would do it over again in a NY minute.

Good luck - and take your time!  It's not a race.  I know you are thinking of a wedding next year but there's plenty of time between now and then to work through all this. 

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active